Friday, November 11, 2005

Time flies when you're having fun. And when you're so busy you don't even have time to scratch your ass when it itches.

(not that I have an itchy ass, mind you)

Holy shnikeys is it Friday already? This week flew by really fast. I think it only seems that way because I really didn't want it to, you know, because life is funny that way. Because I need more time to do things dammit! If I could have a super power right now I'd pick the ability to stop time. Just like Edie from that 80's tv show Out of This World. I'd just put my fingers together, time would stop, and I'd write the analysis paper and the research paper that are BOTH due next week for school. Then I'd have the rest of today and the weekend to relax and to play and be merry (and run all the errands I kept putting off this week - oy!).

Oh wouldn't it be lov-er-ly. But as it stands, I have no spiffy supernatural abilities. So no time stopping for me. Bummer that.

Things have been crazy hectic here at work this week and I haven't even begun to take on the new responsibilities bequeathed to me from recently departed (i.e. department shifted) Coworker Zack. I haven't even been approached about absorbing his job into mine. Well, at least not "formally". One guy, who's the local head of this... uh... let's call it a Management Task Force (because it makes it sound more interesting than it is)... he asked me last Friday (last FRIDAY!) if someone had talked to me about taking over Zack's M.T.F. duties. I hadn't. (A week later and I still haven't. I guess They figure I don't need it pointed out to me. Why make it obvious? I just might not realize that I'm doing more work for the same pathetic pay). He then asked what I thought about me doing Zack's M.T.F. stuff. My response? "Well, there's really no one else who can do it so by default..." Because really, there isn't anyone. Plus, I am, after all, Super Fabulous In Everything, so even if I say no I'm stuck with it. The guy was all, "Oh, well, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were a last resort or anything..." Not that I was thinking that. It just sucks that Zack's job position was deleted from existence. All because The Newest New Boss wanted to show Corporate that HE'S ALREADY SAVING MONEY!

Anywhoo... the Head M.T.F. guy said he'd talk to my boss and my boss's boss (The Newest New Boss) about talking to me about it. And here we are, a week later, and we still haven't had "The Talk". Probably because my boss is on vacation this week. Which, incidentally, I found out from another coworker after the boss didn't show up to our weekly meeting on monday. Gee, thanks boss for telling us ahead of time that you weren't going to be here. Aaaaagggghhh!

I've been getting sick of working at this place for awhile now and this week is just a prime example of why. I really need a job where I don't work in a corporate world. It's just not me. No one will bother to talk to me about doing Zack's job, not even a quick "hey, we're going to need you to sit in on these calls and start setting these things up" as they pass by the cubicle, so when They wonder why I'm not doing it I'll mention the fact that I'm not getting paid to do his job, let alone his and mine. Hell, I'm not even getting paid to do my job. Filthy cheap bastards. Grrrrrr!

I need to get a sound bite from Jerry Maguire on my computer here at work so that when a boss talks to me about doing M.T.F. stuff I can just click a button and "SHOW ME THE MONEY" will blare out of my dinky pc speakers. Oh yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Speaking of being sick of this place, I wonder if I can use that as an excuse for going home 'sick' today. "Can I go home early Mr. Boss? I'm feeling sick. Sick of work." The HB tried to talk me into calling in sick today, but I couldn't, because I had some things that really had to get done this morning. And I knew that if I called in sick I'd feel guilty all day about it, which would totally ruin the whole wonderful feeling of not being at work on a work day. But the things I HAVE to do are few today, so I can get them done quickly. My immediate boss isn't here (vacation and all) so I don't know if I should just leave or if I should tell someone. Should I ask the Boss's Boss? Would he even care? When I asked the Previous Boss's Boss if I could leave early he looked at me weird in a 'what the hell are you asking me for' way. I just wanted someone to know I was leaving. Seemed like the right thing to do, you know? But maybe this time I'll just leave. Slip out when the Boss's Boss is busy out on the floor or something. There's hardly anyone here today, its not like it will matter either way. And you know what? Even if he takes offense to it and decides to give me a write up for it (even when NO ONE gets written up around here for some reason) I could really care less. Which, I guess, is why I need the rest of the day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment