Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another Drive-By Listing

The last couple of days have been busier than the ones before. Hence another List. I don't know if the amount of crap I have to do has actually increased, or it just seems that way because my brain is overcrowded with To Do lists that multiply like horny little bunnies. So here it is, my list of:

Things I Would Have Written About Had I Not Been Busy Doing Things Interesting Enough To Write About

(Not that I have high standards about what I'll write about. I was consumed by snot a couple of posts ago so that's what I wrote about. The fascinating subject that is snot.)

Last weekend I drove up to my parent's house and visited with a kiwi cousin I haven't seen in about fifteen years. He's been touring the globe for the last couple of months and made California his last stop before heading home. It was fun to chat and hang out with him, which might not happen again for another fifteen years (maybe sooner if I can ever manage to pay off credit cards and student loans and stuff).

Another perk of visiting my parent's this weekend was attending an "Evening of Art and Wine" charity event hosted by the Zonta club my mom belongs to. I walked around for hours, sampling wine like I knew what I was doing, eating yummy hors d'oeuvres, getting chatted up by the featured who had to tell me all about the awards she's won, and meeting my mom's new friends.

My car developed another problem. One that made me miss another day of class. Grrrr. One that cost $300 bucks to fix. Double grrr.

I have two temps working for me at work for the next week or so. Very strange. Like I'm actually important enough at work to have underlings. I tell them what to do, but I don't feel like a boss. Maybe because I'm not mean enough.

This last Friday was the last day of classes of my first quarter back at a university after my many year hiatus. (I'm not counting the semester at the junior college last term; that was just a warm up compared to these big leagues.) Next week is finals week, then its spring break. And even with two finals to work on (take home projects) as soon as I left class Friday night I was sighing a huge sigh of relief. Ahhhhhhhhh.

One day last week, or maybe it was the week before, I was totally HOTT For Teacher. My English professor is smart and funny and charming, which are attractive qualities, but I never thought of him as dreamy until he walked into the room wearing black pants, black mini-turtle neck shirt, and a black blazer. It just screamed hottttttt. Then he took the black blazer off and the look changed and I realized I should probably close my mouth and wipe away the drool. I drooled again during the last day of class because he brought in Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone. What a dreamboat!

The instructor for my other class also brought in Krispy Kreme donuts for the last class meeting. This is an interesting tradition they have at this school.

I'm out of clean underwear! That would have been the title of Wednesday's post. And I didn't have time to do laundry until Friday. Holy underwear dilemma batman! But I managed, finding squirreled away butt floss and a pair of undies I should have thrown away five years ago.

The HB bought the new 360 xbox last week. And he's obsessed with it. Particularly with the new Final Fantasy game. Which is fine, until his obsession interferes with my tv obsession. Then we'll have to throw it down, see who gets control of the tv. So far I haven't watched much tv because of last minute homework assignments, but starting next week, or as soon as I finish my two finals, we'll have to work out a compromise. Just so long as get to watch my Veronica Mars and Surreal Life in timely manner.

I think there's a Murphy's Law that says when everyone who works in your department is either out sick or at another facility and you're the only one there to "man the fort", the only problem that you do not know how to handle (because it falls under everyone else's job description) will, of course, happen, and will need to be resolved with the utmost urgency. This will more than likely happen on the same day that a Big Scary Term Paper is due that isn't quite finished but is being worked on, during office hours, because your creative muse procrastinates and waits until the very last second to be in the mood to write. Sigh. I don't know how I'm going to break the muse of this habit. It was fine before, when I didn't have to work full time and my hours were more flexible.

1 comment:

  1. i was seriously considering that option, but i managed to find some last resort undies. :)

    ReplyDelete