Friday, July 23, 2004

what can i say, it's just a banana dancing kind of day

Sheesh. I haven't been writing again. Shame on me. I have only myself to blame, and that's, well, that's pretty sad. I have been doodling and jotting down random thoughts in my binder. But that doesn't really count. I also haven't been paying attention to the blog much either. Sorry about that Bloggy.

*gives the blog a hug*

It's just I have nothing interesting to write about. And when I do, I don't have the time. And when I have the time I'm doing something else because I feel road blocked. Like I'm suffering from Creative Constipation or something. It's there, I can feel it, but it just won't come out of me.

*sigh*

But I don't mind too much at the moment. Because I'm in such a happy mood.



Work was hectic yesterday. And in the middle of it all, the HB calls me just to say hello. Just because he hasn't done it in awhile. :) When he got home after work we went out to dinner. And laughed a lot and ate way too much.

We both ordered steaks, different steaks, but both medium well. Mine turned out to be a little on the red side while his turned out to be a little on the well well done side. I made some comment like "wow. This is really pink." But I didn't mind it at all. The HB, being ever so gentlemanly, offered to trade me steaks. Maybe he didn't want the well done steak. Or maybe he was just being nice. I think maybe it was a little bit of both.

I said, "what? You don't want yours?" He pretended to get all huffy and puffy and offended. "I was trying to be chivalrous and offer you my steak since yours is so pink." The HB then digs into his steak. I lowered my fork and knife to the table and said in a very soft and sincere voice, "That was very kind of you to offer to trade your dinner with me. I really appreciate it. Thank you for being so thoughtful." Then I raised my fork and knife and added, "Now shut the fuck up and let me eat." The HB laughed and said, "That's why I love you."

And I forgot all about my hectic day.  :)



And today, well, its Friday. So that adds an automatic point to the Happy Tally. And this morning, as I was leaving for work, it was sort of semi foggy out. Seeing that filled me with a wallop of warm fuzzies. Because it was something different for my senses to take in I guess.

Most mornings it's the same old thing. When I wake up, at 5 in the morning, there's not enough light outside to illuminate my apartment. So I fumble around in the dark to turn on a lamp. And I have to fumble all the way (all two feet in my tiny ass apartment) to the living room because the HB (the bastard) doesn’t have to wake up for another 2 hours, so I'm nice and don't turn on the bedroom light. I don't want to begrudge him the heavenly feeling of sleeping in, surrounded by warmth and cuddly blankets, but damn I hate to see him snuggly and sleepy while I'm struggling to wake up. It sucks.

So I wake up and it's dark inside. Then, after I'm all dressed and brushed and deodorized, I leave the apartment, ready to face another day at work. Lately, as I leave the apartment, its semi light outside. If I left five minutes earlier, it would still be mostly dark outside. If I left five minutes later it would be even brighter outside. I leave in the middle of the sun working its mojo on the previous night's shadows. Which makes the drive to work more interesting than it normally would be.

So I can change the way the morning looks to me as I leave my apartment, by leaving a few minutes earlier (which hardly ever happens) or leaving a few minutes later. But just the difference in light doesn't have the same effect as the fog did this morning. Was it just a break in the monotony that thrilled me? Or was it something else? Seeing the fog is like seeing a blanket covering your surroundings. It wasn't a thick fog. But it was enough to give me a sense of... I don't know what. A sense of separation from my surroundings. A feeling that I was in another world perhaps. Or another dimension. (I'm in the middle of a really good sci-fi book at the moment). Or maybe I just have a kinky fascination with fog.

The fog is gone, but the sky is still overcast. In the middle of july. I love it!

All in all, I have a feeling that it's going to be a kick ass day. Damn skippy!



No comments:

Post a Comment