Thursday, November 11, 2004

i saw the sign. and it opened up my mind. and nearly made me pee my pants.

i'm writing this entry in a chair that's as far away from the desk, and the spider that tried to kill me, as possible.

i'm way behind in my word count for NaNoWriMo. so i set this big lofty goal for myself (3300 words in one day!) and when i finally got to the computer i just couldn't get myself to open the word document and start typing. i was thinking the mental road block was a sign that i shouldn't be writing right now. i should go do the dishes or something until the muse is back and ready to work. but then i thought, 'dishes? i don't wanna do no stinkin' dishes!' because man do they stink.

so i thought to get me in the writing mood i'd just write up a little blog entry and ramble on about what i've been doing for the last couple of days. that got kind of pushed to the side when i found out there's a new Harry Potter Magical Trading Card Game going on. (new cards to find! wheeee!). when i found all the cards i was going to find today i thought i might as well start the blog entry.

and then it happened.

the awful, awful event that nearly stopped my heart.

a spider, at least an inch long, rappelled down its little spider rope NO MORE THAN A COUPLE INCHES FROM MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boy did i freak out like a lunatic. normally i'm okay around spiders. spiders that are a safe distance away. not dropping down right in front of my face! the thing was so close i could have counted the hairs on its legs. no joke. *shudder*

so this massive evil insect dropped down for a little hello, and my first instinct was to swat the little web rope because ew i didn't want to touch the actual spider! then, as i'm making contact with the web rope, i get a flash of the little sticky web sticking to my hand and the spider, who's butt would still be attached to the web rope, landing on me and ew i'd really be touching it then! that's when i screamed like a little girl.

the spider dropped on my nice little blanket i'll never be able to use again because ew what if the spider laid eggs in the little holes! then i jumped up and got as far away as i could in this little apartment o' mine and tried to get my heart beating again.

so i'm taking that as a sign that i shouldn't be sitting here working on my novel. if fucking dive bombing spiders isn't a sign i don't know what is. computer's full of tempting stuff anyways. like games and internet things. so i'm going to go sit on the couch (after its carefully inspected for killer rapelling spiders) and write out my next scene on paper. i'd wanted to avoid that, because this weekend i'm going to be out of town and will have to write a bunch of stuff by hand *weeps for the loss of lap top coolness*. its going to take forever to type all this stuff up. but hopefully, if i get my super duper bonus word count written today, it won't matter later.

well, the update will have to wait for tomorrow. i think i just spotted the spider. i'm putting my heavy duty sneakers on and taking that bastard out.

No comments:

Post a Comment