Thursday, December 09, 2004

don't worry, the spider didn't get me!

It's been awhile since I posted. (And one of the last posts I wrote sort of mentioned the same thing. D'oh!)

Yeah, well, so anyways... Loony's back... back again... and now she has that stupid eminem song stuck in her head. Maybe that can account for the reason she's typing in third person.

Wow. Last time I posted was the 11th, right in the middle of NaNoWriMo, a.k.a. The Day of The Infamous Spider Assault. I remember being way behind in my word count and stressing over it.

WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG POST TO BRING YOU THIS UNIMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I paused in my typing to take a sip of coffee (yes, at 2:45 pm - is that weird?) and while I'm sipping I noticed I had subconsciously stuck my pinkie out. I'm drinking from a Styrofoam cup (yes, I hear the earth weeping at those words - sorry earth dude) with my friggin pinkie out like I'm royalty or something drinking from the finest of china-ware. What's up with that? Just thought I'd share.

AND NOW BACK TO YOUR IRREGULARLY SCHEDULED BLOG POST

The rest of the month was spent writing and procrastinating from writing. I did some major cranking out of novel words the last two weeks and managed to finish. Yay! Some of the words were even in complete sentences. Yay! But dude, the writing was horrible. It really was. I'd think of a sentence and as I was about to type it my internal editor would say 'ew, that's awful, don't even bother wasting typing muscles for that because you'll just have to delete it if you ever want to edit this'. I couldn't turn the internal editor off completely - I couldn't stop thinking that I needed to rewrite my sentences to make them sound better - but I did learn to ignore the nagging bitch for the month of November, a hard yet necessary step for completing the NaNoWriMo challenge. At least for me it seems. I reached the 50,000 word mark, but the story is an incomplete rough draft - about as rough as a porcupine's butt. Sigh. I had so hoped to improve upon last years attempt.

I had also hoped that I would learn from last year and not save the major chunk of writing for the very end. Didn't happen though. I wrote a little over two fifths of the novel during the last four days of the month. Eek! I'd like to think that I did my best writing under all the pressure but I'm not sure. I haven't gone back to it yet to see exactly what I wrote. ("It's all a big blur!") I do know that all that last minute writing sucked my brain dry and left the spirit weary. I wandered around aimlessly for the next couple of days, doing mindless chores, such as washing the dirty dishes that had spontaneously multiplied like horny little bunnies in my week's absence from the kitchen. ("I can't do the dishes! I'm a writer! I'm on a deadline!")

I just love throwing out writer-speak like that. I have a writing deadline!

*gets all tingly inside*

So my mind's been a blank for about a week now. Sure, there's been the random 'ooh, grilled cheese sandwich!' food thought or 'snoopy socks!' wardrobe consideration thought or 'boy, the HB sure is cute when he's hyper/sleepy/wearing socks on his ears' boyfriend thought (plus a few others even less interesting than the previous ones mentioned) but that's been pretty much it. Until last night that is. Now all these weird and random ideas are starting to float around in my head. I have to start writing some of this stuff down so as to make way for the brilliant money maker ideas so hopefully some of the thoughts will get written up and posted here. Not the money maker ones though, I'll be hoarding that shit yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment