Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Pretty in FFC0CB

I'm infatuated with pink lately. Don't know why, really. It's just one of those things where your taste in something changes over time.

When I was (a lot) younger, I used to think long hair on guys was gross. All guys. No matter what. Icky icky bleagh! Now (depending on the guy of course) I think long hair is kind of hot. Rowr!

I used to think mushrooms were fungi of the devil himself and couldn't stand to have them associating with my food in any way whatsoever. Now I don't mind them (too much). Even on my pizza. In moderation, of course. Let's not get silly now and ruin a perfectly good piece of pizza with evil fungi.

I used to hate anything with honey in it. My mom thought that was the weirdest thing; a kid not liking honey. Now I like the stuff.

And I was never a fan of the color pink. But now I am.

In moderation, of course.

I never carried around anti-pink signs ("Die pinkie scum!") or anything of the sort. I didn't run screaming if the color came anywhere near me ("The pink it touched me! I'm so unclean!"). I didn't segregate the pink crayon from the rest of its crayon friends ("You are hereby now and forever banned from the crayon box!"). I wasn't averse to the color in anyway. I just wasn't a fan. I didn't wear pink, collect pink, buy pink, think pink, etc.

But lately the color, in all its glorious shades and tones, is grabbing my attention. I walk in a store and the pink clothes catch my eye first and I can't helping thinking how gosh darn cute they all look (?!?!?). I walk down the toothbrush aisle in the grocery store and I'm inexplicably drawn to the pink ones. (The pink in my new toothbrush, if it was a nail polish or lipstick, would be called Kick Ass Pink. Because it's a kick ass looking toothbrush with pink racing stripes.) I'm even drinking more pink lemonade!*

I don't know why this is happening. I don't know why I'm liking pink more and more these days. And now I've gone and draped the blog in massive pinkness! I wonder if its just a phase.

I also wonder what taste will change next. Taste in music, perhaps? Will I suddenly become obsessed with buying my favorite elevator music CD's?

Holy crap I hope not.

* This claim is unsubstantiated due to the fact that I haven't really been measuring how much lemonade, pink or otherwise, I have been drinking. There's no data in which I might graph my consumption variances. So it's all just hearsay at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment