Tuesday, January 18, 2005

tuesday is chooseday

Would you rather...

1. be the world's best dodgeball player OR the world's best chess player?

When I was but a wee lass I had a love/hate relationship with dodgeball (heavy on the hate). Sometimes the game was a blast to play, no matter if I was the first one out or the last one standing (which happened once! No, really!) But most of the time the game seemed like just a handy means of adolescent ritualistic mortification, all at my expense.

Now that I'm all grown up and mature and not so easily bruised by taunts and mean words and balls traveling at the speed of light (young boys can throw pretty hard when they want to!) I think I could once again love the game. Plus, I learned all about the love of playing violent sports in high school (*tee hee*).

So I think I'd rather be the world's best dodgeball player. Especially if I was playing it 'extreme' style. Extreme Dodgeball on GSN looks like such a blast. Watching it makes me want to put on a jersey, warm up my rocket arm, and start throwing big red rubber balls at people.

2. be allergic to egg products OR wheat products?

Allergic to egg products. What the hell else is an egg product other than egg? And they've got fake eggs right? No problem then.

3. be able to go back in time to when JFK was assassinated OR Abraham Lincoln?

Err... JFK's time. Because I'd be able to wear more fashionable clothes than I would in Abe's time. And the television wasn't invented yet when Abe got a cap popped in his head. And...

4. be able to do complex math equations instantly OR sing professionally?

SING! Oh how I'd love to get paid to sing. To have people give me enough money so that I wouldn't have to do anything else but sing - that'd be the life! And I'm not talking about the Mega-Supa-Star Stadium Rocker type professionaI singer. I'm thinking more along the lines of a lounge singer. A dusky jazz club singer. Or even a Broadway musical singer! I'd be joyously happy being up on a stage singing jazzy tunes, show tunes, sultry tunes, and god-I-wish-I-had-a-voice-like-her tunes. Even if its in a dinky little lounge somewhere. If only I had that kind of voice...

It's a scenario that I know will never happen, but I still like to dream about it. It's a fun dream to have. Just like my I'm-A-Ballerina dream and my I'm-A-Real-Life-Charlie's-Angels dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment