Friday, September 24, 2004

Time for a little Shim Sham Shimmy

It's Friday! And there is rejoicing in the land!

Last time I updated was last week, during my 'friday'. I was bogged down with work, sick with a cold, and looking forward to spending a three-day weekend with some girlfriends.

Now it's a week later and not much has changed. :)

I'm still bogged down with work, and now that my lovely assistant (i.e. the intern) has left and started school, I have no one to pass on all these little tasks to. Or the big-ugly-time-consuming tasks. So now it's all piling up in my In Box. Crap nuggets!

I'm still sick with a cold (or allergies as the doctor said last Friday). The cold stepped up a notch in severity, and in overall general crappiness that just makes you feel slow and tired and icky. Definitely not the way I wanted to feel going into the weekend. I got an infection in both my eyes and they became all sore and red. So red, I swear I looked like some extra in a mutant movie. It would have been cool if it hadn't meant my eyes were so sore and blurry. So I went to the doctor's office on Friday and got a prescription for eye medicine and nose spray. Yay! The eyes are all better now, but the snot is still hanging around. Damn persistent snot.

Oh and my sinuses are swollen like a beeyatch. So much so that it's noticeable. Freaking noticeable! My nose isn't the cutest nose in the world, but its pretty damn 'okay'. Except now the sinus cavities on each side of the nose are swelling. My nose is all deformed now!

Okay, so it's not that noticeable. I haven't reached Circus Freak Show status yet, but if this cold/allergy doesn't go away any time soon I just might. (I can feel the sinuses expanding right this very second. Blah!) The HB has noticed it. And kindly commented to me about it.

Me: Blah blah blah blah bl-
HB: Wow. Your sinuses are really swollen.
Me: Hell yeah they are. They hurt like a... Wait a sec... how did you know? *gasp* Is it that noticeable?!?!
HB: Yep.
Me: *calmly walks to mirror to investigate* Damn. And right before the Vogue magazine cover photo shoot!

If the HB notices it, I wonder how many other people will notice. Other people who don't know I'm sick and just think I have a really weird shaped nose.

Concerned Uninformed Stranger 1: Oh my! Look at the girl's nose! It's all disproportioned.
Concerned Uninformed Stranger 2: Poor thing. I hope the circus pays well.

Even with all the cold/allergy stuff going on I still had fun last weekend. The Evil Snot didn't keep me from shopping and gossiping and laughing and cheering on the Red Knight (Medieval Times is so much fun!) I don't know how much fun it was for my friends to have my snotty self tagging along but I think they had fun too. :)

And now another weekend is here and I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to it. What I really need is a weekend full of relaxation, naps, laundry fairies, big fancy breakfasts cooked by the HB, and more naps. But that's not going to happen.

The HB and I are going to a concert at the Whiskey A Go Go. The IT guy at my work is in a band called Shim Sham and they're playing with a bunch of other bands at the Whisky Saturday night. I thought I'd go check them out because 1) I really can't picture him singing and rocking out so even if they suck, and the other bands suck, I imagine t will good entertainment and 2) it's something to do, a reason to go out and about and get away from the apartment, which is almost always a good thing.

Tickets were cheap, but then the HB and I decided to get a hotel for Saturday night (I plan on staying up way past my bedtime and neither one of us will be in a state to drive home.) Somehow I let him talk me into making reservations at an expensive one. Eek! Sometimes I like pretending I have money and am not constantly thinking/worrying about bills and stuff, which is probably why there wasn't much talking-into going on. :) It'll be the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at (i.e. most expensive), and I love staying in hotels (well, the nice and clean ones anyway), so I'm looking forward to that part of the weekend.

And the weekend's just a few hours away! Wheeeeeee!

But for right now I'm just looking forward to lunch. We're working with sort of a skeleton crew today and there's a rumor going around that someone is going to be buying the employees lunch. Weee! Hopefully lunch time is soon because I've been here a couple hours and am a starvin marvin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment