Friday, September 24, 2004

The Great Food Watch

Up until a few minutes ago I thought the rumor about lunch (that I mentioned in my last post) was going to be just that. A rumor.

It was around 10:30 this morning when I'd heard one of the supervisors might buy lunch for everybody. Me and Desk Neighbor P and The New Guy were about to go out to lunch, but decided to stick around and hold out for the free food. Because a free lunch is most often better than lunch you have to pay for.

So we stayed at work and waited. And waited and waited and waited.

The food just arrived... three freaking hours later!

I was ready to mutiny. Mutiny I tell ya! I was tempted to snack on something until lunch got here, but I had no money (I was only going out to lunch because someone had a buy one get one free coupon) and my emergency stash of stale tastes-like-the-inside-of-a-metal-desk crackers (i.e. old Saltines) has run out.

So I toughed it out. And was rewarded with Togo's sandwiches! Yummy. And since lunch was delivered so late there were a few sandwich halves left over so I went back for another one. Yummy!

And in all the excitement I just stabbed myself in the boob with a pen. I really have no idea how that happened. I was holding the pen backwards and then spazzed or something and stabbed myself in the boob. Now there's a half inch pen mark on my shirt, right on top of the boob for everyone to see.

*smacks hand to forehead*

Is it time to go home yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment