Saturday, October 02, 2004

I really wish I could think of something clever to type right here, but alas...

I meant to post yesterday - I was in a perfect work-slackin' mood and everything ("I don't see you To Do List! Fuck you work e-mails!") - but just as I was about to start writing I got handed a bunch of work. Work that the Boss wanted feedback from in a couple hours so he kept popping in and out of the office. Ain't that a timing bitch.

So I'm playing blog post catch up on this beautiful Saturday. I've got all the windows open and there's a nice cool breeze dancing through the apartment. *sigh*

I'm ignoring the laundry (is there a girl scout badge for this? i'm getting really good at it), ignoring the messing living room, ignoring all work whatsoever, and its frelling loverly! The only thing that would make this day better would be a laptop I could type on outside in the sun. Maybe I'll grab a pad of paper and pencil and go write out at the pool later. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

Another thing that would make this day better would be if the HB didn't have to work. It's his third week at the new job and they're already giving him his own shift to run, all by his bad-ass self. I take this to be a big thing because the last supervisor they trained didn't get his own shift to run until after two months. :) So it's nice that they have this much trust in his abilities, but it sucks because he'll be working Saturdays for a while.

But here I am, enjoying the weekend that I've been looking forward to since the previous weekend. Because the last weekend was a busy weekend and there wasn't a lot of time to recoup from work. Which is something I've needed for a couple weekends now. Work is still hectic and will be for a couple more weeks. We're still gearing up for the Big Bad Scary Audit that takes place not this coming Monday, but the Monday after that. And the Big Bad Scary Auditeers will be here for three weeks (eek!) so hopefully, at the most, I've only got four more weeks of craziness at work.

I say hopefully because I think there may be permanent damage of the brain. I'm not quite 'My side, your side! My side, your side!' crazy yet, but I'm getting close.

I even had a dream the other night about work. It wasn't anything interesting, like I'm at work and aliens come and shoot everybody who's wearing green and all of a sudden I find myself in combat gear along with Keanu Reeves, who's my new desk neighbor and a surprising wiz at excel documents, and we have to fight the aliens to save my job, but we're no longer at my place of work, we're in the middle of a McDonald's playland, in a giant ball cage and...

Yeah. Nothing as interesting as that dream would be. I was at work, and nothing was distorted or weird, no dream side effects whatsoever, and I was doing something on the computer. Boring, simple stuff that's on my mental 'To Do' list. I was dreaming about something I had to work on the next day; I was playing it out in my mind while I slept. How messed up is that?

Anywhoo... I think its time for a snack break. Then I'll come back to the computer and type up my What I Did Last Weekend report, complete with celebrity sightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment