Thursday, September 14, 2006

Vacation Math

The suppa-long weekend was nice. And, educational. Because I've learned that, apparently, 3 vacation days x 1 me = 1 lazy sumbitch. :)

Sure, Monday was spent walking all over (and I do mean all over) Disneyland (after spending Sunday night walking up and down Universal City Walk). Nothing lazy about that.

And sure, I did venture out of the house during the next two days for food and books and fresh air. Not extremely lazy I guess.

The thing is.... I didn't accomplish much. Or at least, I didn't accomplish what I'd planned on accomplishing. Namely the little site redesign I'd wanted to do.

*sigh*

No, no, couldn't get around to sitting in front of the computer on that uncomfortable chair (it's a dinner table chair, since the computer sits on our dinning room table, which hasn't been used as a dinning room table since we last moved 6 yrs ago. Yeah, we're a bit cramped.) I opted to spend my two non-work/non-disneyland days on the nice new comfy couch we bought a couple weeks ago. I read three books, caught up on tivo, and spent way too much time playing video games.

Oh, and I did the dishes! So not lazy. Just... well, my brain is tired from my lazy-dazy weekend so I'll just stick with lazy until I can think of a better word.

And now I'm back at work. Oy to the vey. Today, the only work I'll get done will be catch-up work. Returning emails, returning voice mails, both of which, upon a quick cursory glance, seem to involve a lot of problem solving on my part. Then I need to figure out what the hell Mr. Desk Neighbor did while I was gone and what still needs to be done. And I think, like the dumbass that I am, I scheduled a training meeting for later this afternoon, knowing it was going to be smack dab in the middle of my first day back after vacation.

*smacks forehead*

No comments:

Post a Comment