Friday, December 31, 2004

In an effort not to do too much real work today I present to you the first blog post of the day

Dude! I can't believe I'm at work right now. Driving into work today on the freeways was weird. There were so few cars on the road it felt like I was going to work on a Saturday or Sunday. And an hour ago I was given a list of vendors to call but no one's in their offices to take my calls! Well, I did talk to one human, who was part of a skeleton crew, and he said there was no one there who could help me with my questions. Darn it! Everybody's at home today! At least I get Monday off. Which I think I'd prefer, because everyone else will be at work then and I won't be. Perfect time to go shopping me thinks. :)

I asked the boss if I could go home "sick" a couple hours early today and he said sure, no problem. So yeah to that!

And the countdown begins... 3 hours of work left... 3 hours 59 minutes and 17 seconds of work left...

I'm really looking forward to tonight. The HB and I are meeting up with a friend and together we're going to hang out at Universal CityWalk. Which is why I'm leaving work early, so we can get there early before it gets tooooooo crowded. It's going to be a blast!

I had thought about upgrading my piece of crap cell phone for a fancy shmancy picture phone so I could take pictures of everything tonight. Then I remembered I have no money. That's always a bummer reminder.

But maybe... maybe I could charge more money to my credit card without it buckling under the weight of money owed... maybe I could sign my cell phone life away for two years and get El Cheapo Picture Phono. That's the trouble with the current phone. Cheapo = Crappo.

Maybe I'll leave an extra hour early and go peruse my options at the cell phone store... because taking pictures tonight might just turn into a must. There could be Kodak moments everywhere! What if David Lee Roth (who's performing at CityWalk tonight) runs into my friend and asks her to dance up on stage with him? I'd need a picture of that! And what if the HB gets mugged by small alien tourists? I'd need a picture of that! And what if there are drunk people being complete morons? I could always use a few more pictures of that.

Ah yes, I think I've nearly convinced myself. (Notice it didn't take much.) I'll just look at pictures of fancy shmancy picture phones online to see if that seals the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment