Friday, January 13, 2006

What the...

Is it really Friday already? How did that happen? Seriously. Where did Thursday go? Did it forget to make an appearance this week?

I think this has been THE fastest week I've ever experienced. I've been so busy thinking/worrying/stressing over things (school/work/car/bills/etc) I haven't had time to realize that actual days are passing by. But things are settling down now.

I no longer have to scramble to get my books ordered online as soon as possible because the professor is boycotting the bookstore (as many of them are) and all four books she wanted us to read are out of print and not in regular bookstores and only one was on loan at a nearby library and the online biggie book sellers said the first book we need to read by next Wednesday usually ships in 4 to 6 weeks so I ordered it used from an 'amazon seller' and those people really don't care that I need the book to be here BEFORE the day we'd be discussing it in class so that I'd actually have time to read it because there are only eight of us in the class and the teacher will definitely know if I haven't read it and... yeah, so that's one thing I was worried about.

Which was all for naught as I've just dropped the class. It was at a bad time and there were so many reasons to drop it and only two reasons to keep it. 1) the more classes I take the sooner I'll be done and 2) I kind of liked the fact that I was going to be reading those books and discussing them, because they aren't books that I would normally read on my own. So maybe I'll try and take it again later. Who knows. All I know is that life will be much shinier and fluffier now that I'm only taking two classes. I'll still have loads of reading homework to do (including TWO thousand-page-books... eek!), but I'll be less stressed, which is always a good thing.

So I now have an easier work/school schedule, I'll be saving tons of money on gas (I filled up twice this week! ouch), and I won't want to commit a road rage inspired act of violence as often as I did this week. It took me over an hour and a half to drive less than thirty miles the other night and I really wanted to hit someone, or something, I wasn't too picky at that point.

So not only am I dropping this class for my benefit, I guess I'm also performing a public service.

All you SoCal freeway drivers can go ahead and thank me. :)

2 comments:

  1. i think it's good that you dropped that class. i know what you mean about wanting to get done sooner rather than later. but sometimes your sanity is just a bit more important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sanity was indeed the big selling point.

    ReplyDelete