Thursday, July 24, 2003

I caught part of a conversation a few minutes ago where someone said, "Not last night but the night before..." And just like that - WHAMO! - this old playground jump rope song pops into my head.

Not last night but the night before
24 robbers came knocking at my door.
I [something] out
They jumped[?] in
And I hit them on the head with a rolling pin.


Ah, the memories! Except for the memory of how the rhyme goes, exactly! LOL. This one here is a fave:

Cinderella, dressed in yella,
Went upstairs to kiss a fella.
Made a mistake and kissed a snake.
How many doctors did it take?


Quick question: How many doctors did it take to what? To tell Cinderella that she’s a moron? That she needs glasses? That she needs to get a cuter boyfriend if she’s mistaking him for an icky scaly reptile?

Things that make you go hmmm.

*mentally skipping rope*

1...2...3... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment