Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Last night I had a dream, which in and of itself is no biggie (I always dream, I just don’t always remember them), but this morning when I woke up I remembered it. Well, sort of.

Last night I dreamed that I had The Answer. The answer to what I’m not sure. Was it the answer to life, the universe and everything? Maybe. Was it the answer to whether or not I should buy an extra large tub of peanut butter the next time I’m at the grocery store? Possibly. Was it the answer to which Spice Girls song is my favorite? Perhaps.

It might help to know what The Answer actually is... but I can’t remember that much of the dream! What a tease! When I awoke this morning, I remembered dreaming about having The Answer, but when I tried to remember what The Answer was, the memory vanished like brownies at a Chocolate Addicts convention. The Answer was right on the tip of my brain, but like with most dreams, the more I tried to grab a hold of it and bring it into focus, the more it slipped thru my fingers.

The Answer was one sentence long (I actually typed it up and posted it here! Which means I dreamed about my blog. Should I be worried? LOL. That’s what I get for working on it so long after my bedtime.) The Answer was so simple and obvious (obvious, of course, only after the fact). It gave me warm fuzzies, a piece of mind, a feeling of giddy “A HA!”-ness. After all, I had The Frelling Answer! So, naturally, I can’t remember The Answer. That would be too easy.

Do I remember The Answer? Nooooo! But I sure do remember that I had it. It’s like my subconscious is taunting me. The bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment