Saturday, July 26, 2003

I've been a big bookworm lately.

I've recently read Blood Price by Tanya Huff, plus the other four books in her "Blood" series. Vicki is a cool, no nonsense woman having to deal with all kinds of crap in life, such as learning that vampires, demons and werewolves (oh my!) and other supernatural characters really do exist. I really enjoyed the interactions between Vicki, Celluci, and Henry and their growing relationships throughout the series. That's what helped me get through the really slow parts of the third book, Blood Lines. :)

My favorite of the five was the second book, Blood Trail. I really enjoyed it and flew right through it. I especially loved the part where, after a scuffle broke loose, Celluci, being a cop, pulled out his gun, unsure of what the hell was going on. When Vicki, who knew exactly what was going on, sees the gun she says: "Oh for Chrissake, Celluci, put that penis substitute away." Boy, I sure do like that Vicki. :)

I also just finish reading a contemporary romance book called Charmed, I'm Sure by Liz Ireland. It was cute and enjoyable, but not as good, IMHO, as her first book Husband Material. Charmed starts off with Callie having a bad day. She falls on the slippery icy ground and hurts herself, then the next day she gets snubbed by previously flirty Cute Coffee Guy and has to run a personal errand for her pain in the ass weasel of a boss. At the end of a very long day, her boss pushes her beyond the breaking point and she has the overwhelming urge to cuss him out.

Since she can't afford to loose her job, she cusses him out in a foreign wican language of some germanic black forest wican tribe. Callie calls her boss a son of a bitch in this language... and literally turns him into a son of a bitch -- a cute little puppy dog! "This had been a hell of a day. In all the months she'd worked at Teller Box, she'd imagined all sorts of things she'd like to do to get even with her boss, but housetraining him was never one of them."

Comedy, cute-ness, and love sparks ensue when the boss's nephew comes looking for his uncle. I was cracking up at the end of this book when they finally turn Sy back into human form. Oops, did I spoiler the ending too much? LOL. I've spent at least ten hours reading this book over the past week, and not a minute of it was wasted! *

Recommendations...
Huff's "Blood" series: *thumbs up*
Ireland's Charmed, I'm Sure: *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment