Friday, October 14, 2005

Match Making At Its Finest - 50 Word Fiction Fridays Vol. 28



6 Year Old Match Making Techniques At Its Finest

"Let us out!" my brother yelled from the closet.

"Not until you kiss her!" my friend replied.

"Ewwwwww!" her sister shrieked.

Fifteen minutes and one kiss later they were freed. We threw construction paper confetti and congratulated them on their new marriage. There'd never been such clever kindergartener match makers.

The 50 Word Fiction Friday theme this week is: marriage.

This is another autobiographical FiWoFicFri entry. It seems that this is the only way I can write these sometimes.

When I saw the theme the first thing that popped (practically immediately) into my mind was this time when me and my best friend at the time (kindergarten) married our siblings. As in, my younger brother married her younger sister. The four of us hung out a lot because there weren't many other kids to play with at our apartment complex.

I think there was a closet involved, and some mandatory kissing for the marriage to be valid (we didn't tell them about the ceremony until after the fact, of course), and we might have promised cootie vaccine shots if the kissing proved to be fatal. I'm not sure on the specifics, but I do remember being tickled pink at the thought that they were married. They, however, were less than thrilled. My brother may even have been... oh, what's the word I'm looking for... oh yeah, mortified. Well, as mortified as a four year old can be. My inability to stop saying "You're married! You're married!" probably didn't help. Sheesh, I'm such a bad sister. - *tee hee* - But it was perfect. My best friend's sister and my brother. The marriage didn't last very long though. A couple of months later we moved out of the apartment complex and into a house. Bye-bye next door best friend/sister-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment