Friday, October 28, 2005

Maybe I can use some of these for that '100 Things About Me' list I'll probably never write.

I found this at Judy's.

1) My uncle once: told me and a friend a story about the "troll" that lived under the bridge we were walking across. We stopped for a bit and peered over the railing. My uncle pointed to some lemons on the ground and said they were troll boogers. Me and my friend laughed appropriately. Then he pointed to a large puddle of rain water and said it was troll pee. Me and my friend giggled incessantly. It was a nice, quiet, peaceful day. We were out in nature, everything was quiet except for my uncle, who was explaining more about the "troll", when all of a sudden someone walked out from under the bridge. My and my friend jumped away from the railing and screamed like little girls. No, we didn't think it was an actualtroll. It was just... really unexpected. My uncle laughed all the way back to camp. Sigh. I truly adore my uncle. :)
2) Never again in my life: will I see that ugly green shag carpeting (that was so in vogue when the house was built in the 70s) that I lived with for about ten years. My parent's are finally remodeling!
3) When I was five: I was the kid in kindergarten who talked funny (because of the accent, not a lisp).
4) High School was: fun.
5) I will never forget: the time me and my brother were laughing SO HARD my mom wouldn't let us until our grandparent's house until we calmed down. On the drive there, my brother grabbed the straw from his mini-mart drink, put one end in his mouth and put the other end up his nose. Then he said, "Look! I'm air conditioning my boogers!" And oh my goodness I almost snorted soda out my nose it was SO funny. I giggled, then he giggled, which made me giggle more and... well, the giggling was like some unstoppable monster. The more we giggled the funnier it became. We were getting on Mom's nerves, of course, and she told us to try and calm down. Which we did, for a bit. Then we looked at each other and the giggles started all over again. When we got to the grandparent's house my brother and I got out of the car and collapsed on the front lawn, free from those giggle restraining seat belts, and had us some good hearty laughs. It was INCREDIBLEY fun. So when the laughter started to die down I said "you were *gasp gasp* air conditioning *gasp* your BOOGERS!" and we'd roll on the ground some more in helpless fits of giggles. It's a memory I treasure dearly.
6) I once met: Princess Diana... for like, a minute, and don't remember it. But it still counts dammit!
7) There's this girl I know who: once got a bunch of stitches from playing an innocent game of Red Rover.
8) Once, at a bar: I wore an incredibly see-thru blouse. Totally out of necessity, believe me. (not so long a story, but a boring one.)
9) By noon I'm usually: (if at work) wishing I could go home.
10) Last night I: stayed up working on some possible goodie bag ideas for my NaNoWriMo group. The HB got off work early enough and I was up late enough that we were able to hang out for a bit. We made a Taco Bell run and watched an episode of The Family Guy. Good stuff. :)
11) If I had only: hung out with Friends Group B instead of Friends Group C at Magic Mountain that one time I would have seen Patrick Stewart getting on the Colossus.
12) Next time I go to church: I'll probably be hanging out with Z.
13) What worries me most: is that I don't worry enough about things I should worry about.
14) When I turn my head right, I see: some guy speaking in French talking on the phone to his cronies back in europe, probably talking about how bad our company sucks. Either that, or how STUNNING I look in my new glasses. ROWR!
15) When I turn my head left, I see: the Halloween decoration I made at work (it’s a ghost made out of crumpled up paper from the To Be Recycled pile (for the head) and a plastic bag from AM/PM (for the ghostie skin) and some black-sharpied-paper-circles taped on for eyes.) If only I had a camera, you'd see how bitchin' my ghostie is.
16) You know I'm lying when: jumble up my sentences... no wait, I do that all the time. Okay then, how about when I say something stupid... no wait, I do that all the time too. Okay, um... oh, if I'm trying to pull a joke over on you, and I'm making something up, I won't be able to keep a straight face for very long. My "poker face" needs a lot of work.
17) You know what I miss most about the eighties?: well, I was too young to enjoy most of the 80s, or even remember the first half of the 80s. But I do kinda miss my She-Ra dolls.
18) If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: one of Titania's faeries.
19) By this time, next year: I'll still be in school. And once again anticipating NaNoWriMo.
20) A better name for me would be: Shalee-Koyna. It means Chick Who Rocks The Dorkness in gibberese.
21) I have a hard time understanding: how people can be so close-minded and intolerant towards others.
22) If I ever go back to school I'll: be getting my second degree (currently working on the first). I'd get the degree in... interpretive shadow puppets.
23) You know I like you if: I refrain from calling you a moron (or worse) to your face. If that's too subtle I sometimes wear "I like you" shirts. And if that doesn't work I get my pal Erol, the God of Like, to shoot friendly like-nerf-darts at your head.
24) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my parents. Unless, of course, the award was for Best Newcummer In An Adult Film or something like that. Then I'd thank my boob and lipo doctor.
25) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferarro are: stupid names for rock bands?
26) Take my advice, never: take my advice. Except for this one time, of course. Any other time? Trust me, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
27) My ideal breakfast is: one I don't have to cook.
28) A song I love, but do not have is: Nothin' 'Bout Love Makes Sense by LeAnn Rimes. It's cute and fun to sing and I love it to pieces. Every time I hear this song (which isn't often enough) I think about buying the CD. Since I don't buy many CD's any more I usually like to buy them for several songs, not just one. But for this song I think I'd make an exception. Plus, I'm sure I'd like most, if not all of the other songs on the CD.
29) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: you get your head examined. No wait... I'm sure there's something fun to do in P-ville... um... you could go to the Barn Theatre. I heard Ann B. David (The Brady Bunch's Alice) used to perform there back in the day. And I think there's some historical shit you could look at, though in all the fifteen years or so that I lived there I never went and saw any of that stuff. So if you visit my hometown, let me know, and maybe we can go museum hopping together. Oh! And I could give you a tour of my high school. The home of all my infamous glory. Heh. "And over there is where I ate lunch with my friends every single day. And over there is where this one kid got dumped in a trash can this one time. And over here is where I tripped and fell in front of the ENTIRE school! Oh oh oh, and this is the classroom where my English teacher told me she has actual conversations with trees." Ahh... good stuff.
30) Why won't anyone: watch Arrested Development? That show is hilarious!
31) If you spend the night at my house, DO: let me know where its at so I can move out of this damn apartment. (If you spend the night at my apartment, DO mind the broken couch, Hawaiian Punch stained carpet, and the HB's underwear in the bathroom that he didn't put in the clothes hamper AGAIN.)
32) I'd stop my wedding for: a death in the family. Or Barbara Streisand. You know, in case she was going to go on tour or something and needed a background singer. I'm here for you Babs!
33) The world could do without: close-minded blowhards who thinking their way is the only way so screw everyone else.
34) I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick its ass.
35) My favorite blonde is: Z, my BBBF!
36) Paperclips are more useful than: my left butt cheek.
37) San Diego means: that place me and my teammates went to for a night of fun during Christmas Break Hell Week training; it's also the place I went to that one time with family and friends and don't really remember but I think we went to SeaWorld; and it's that place I went to for that on-base army wedding that one time; and it's that place that my brother used live (that turned into a disaster); and it's a place I'd like to go some time and spend some quality time exploring so that I have something better to list the next time I fill one of these things out.
38) And by the way: I'm not wearing any pan-ties. (I have no idea why Eartha Kitt's voice just popped into my head for this one. You know... from the movie Boomerang. "Marcus darrrrrrling..." No? Anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment