Thursday, November 06, 2003

I'm sitting here (as opposed to floating here, I guess) chewing on sugar-free gum and looking at a piece of anti-sugar-free gum (i.e. super sugar saturated bubble gum) and I'm wondering this: if I combine sugar-free gum and anti-sugar-free gum, will they cancel each other out? Will there be a cosmic who-haw in my mouth when they explode, causing the world to be thrown into chaos?

Just a thought.

I just got back from a breakfast with the bosses. Very interesting. I never get invited to these breakfasts/lunches because it's mainly supervisors and megasupervisors who go. I don't mind because I really don't want to go eat with them anyway. This morning though I heard the whole department was going. And I hadn't been invited. Was I not a part of the department? *sniff*

Turns out I am. :) And I was invited. And I accepted. I may not particularly want to go hang out with them but that's the price I was willing to pay for free food. And an hour and a half 'coffee' break. There were 9 males and little old me. Okay, big young me. But still, just the one female. There wasn't too much of a boys club feeling as I thought there might be. And I didn't really feel like the little peon on the bottom of the corporate food chain that I am.

K is leaving in two weeks, so it was nice to have breakfast with him before he leaves. There were two very funny people working in this office. E was moved to another office across the hall a week or so ago. The other one, K, just gave his two-weeks notice. I told him it was very inconsiderate of him to do so because I am going to be funny-co-worker-less in two weeks! *sob* This job is going to seriously suck now. I may just have to find another job.

If only there was someone out there who wanted to pay me millions of dollars to blog every day. Are you out there Mr./Ms. I-Love-Loon's-Blog-So-Much-I-Am-Willing-To-Pay-Her-To-Write-In-It-And-Nothing-Else? Well, ARE YOU? HELLO?!

I am full on breakfast/brunch. Can't think straight. Can't concentrate on work. Must... take... nap...

No! Must resist urge! Will lose all credibility as work professional if caught with drool on chin and imprint of keyboard etched across forehead.

You know, I haven't chewed actual bubble gum in ages. I feel like a little kid again blowing and popping big bubbles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment