Monday, November 03, 2003

Okay. Thought I'd blog for tic. It's either that, or work on my "novel". My brain is busy formulating and calculating and speculating and other ings and needs a few more minutes of prep time before its ready for me to settle down and type. So here I am.

Blogging my be sporadic this month. And posts might not make sense. No wait, that's a normal occurence. But I might not post often. Unless I need to do warm up typing exercises to get the fingers in the mood, like now.

I went to my area's NaNoWriMo kick off party on Sunday. It was so cool to meet other writers and hear them talk about their stories. I just wish I didn't show up late. I felt so foolish walking in late. But it wasn't my fault that I was late. Okay, the fact that I'm a driving ditz might make it my fault. But other than that... its not. See, the 'party' was in a town I've been to maybe twice before, and it was in a part of the town, downtown, that I've never been to before. So I was driving west on the freeway, and I had to turn off on This One Street. Guess what. The only way to turn off on This One Street is if you are traveling on the freeway GOING EAST! East for crying out loud! How was I supposed to know that by looking at the map. ARRRRRRGGGGGG! I was only fifteen minutes late. Not tooooo bad. But still.

I've got about 1000 words left to write for the night to be on track with the word count pacing. I'm writing crap right now, and that's kind of a bummer, but I guess if I ever decide to edit this thing I'll add the funny/witty/hilarious/clever/ wonderfully cute moments/lines/dialogue/etc later. *BIG FUCKING SIGH*

One of the tips to writing the november novel is tequila. I might have to try that some day. Might be fun actually. And I'd love to see what I write afterwards. Writing under the influence would certainly fit in with the other crap I've written so far. For now, I'm settling for overdosing on sugar frosty halloween cookies. It's just like eating mini cakes. Yum!

I read on the NaNoWriMo main page that there are going to have free stickers. Details to come later. FREE STICKERS!!! WOOHOO! I knew there was a reason I signed up for this madness. I so wish I had something interesting to write about. Here and there. Oh well...

Word count so far: 5,116

So if I write [does quick math in head] 884 words right now I'll be on a decent track (2,000 words a day = finish by day 25). I played catch up at work today whipping out over 3,000 words. Hopefully I can keep up that pace :) and not run out of stuff to write about. lol.

Okay. Off to create brilliance. And when that doesn't happen I'll work on adding to my "novel."

No comments:

Post a Comment