Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Look at me being a big fat loonypants as I write more non 'novel' stuff. D'oh!



What's On the tip of your tongue Right Now?

Injured taste buds. Last night, when I mimicked the sound my injured taste buds were making, the H.B. called them evil alien taste buds. But for the purpose of this post we'll just call them poor little injured taste buds.

One of the supervisors brought in a bag of left over Halloween candy on Monday. And on Tuesday. On Tuesday the bag was full of Smarties. Yeah, that's right. Smarties! I hadn't had those in forever so I grabbed one of them. Okay, several ones of them. While I worked I nibbled on the little candies with my front teeth, resting the candy on the tip of my tongue while I did for maximum nibblage. Turns out sugar = writing fuel. I finished off a few rolls of smarties by the end of the day. And now my poor little tongue is paying for it. The taste buds are burnt out on a sugar overload. Sort of a 'too much of a good thing' I guess.

But they're going to have to suck it up because I think I'm going to need to buy and consume more smarties for the little writing get together thing I'm going to tonight.

Until then, I'm going to do some 'novel' writing sans sugar. I think my writing my suffer from it (evidence: this post) but a girl-on-a-deadline's got to do what a girl-on-a-deadline's got to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment