Friday, July 01, 2005

FifWoFicFri - Vol. 13

Obsession

He rewound the video for the eighty-forth time, then hit 'Play' for the eighty-fifth. He had to watch her again. He needed to memorize everything about her, from the sway of her hips to every flick of her hair. Kyle was not going to lose another Baby Spice look-a-like competition!



This week's 50 Word Fiction Friday theme is babies.

My first thought was to try and write a story about where I work, something were I could use the phrase 'pinche babies cry'. This is a semi-favorite saying around these here parts, first muttered by a mainly-spanish-speaking employee to show his frustration over his complaining coworkers. Another semi-favorite saying around here, 'somebody better call the waaaaaambulance'. As you can see, there's a lot of whining that goes on around here. A Tech Consultant guy refers to this facility as Whine Country. Ha. Everybody thinks they're a comedian.

Anyways, that colorful little phrase wasn't inspiring enough, so I set about coming up with something else to write about. And I thought. And I pondered. And I considered. And I mused. And I did other things synonymous with thinking.

And then a Spice Girls song came up on my launchcast player. Instant inspiration!

So the mini story's not exactly about 'babies', but I'll take whatever inspiration I can get and roll with it like some kind of uber rolly thing.

Who knows, maybe I'll be inspired some more later, and maybe I'll write another FifWoFic, this one about actual babies. Stranger things have been known to happen. :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks :) but i so wanted to write a cute baby story and it just wasn't in me that day. but i'll take what i can get :)

    ReplyDelete