Friday, July 29, 2005

Darling Desperate - 50 Word Fiction Friday

Darling Desperate

She saw herself sink the knife deeper into his heart and watched his body twitch one last time. Giddily she thought about forever lowered toilet seats, floors no longer littered with dirty socks, neatly folded...

Then he awoke, blinked, and asked, "Darling, why are you staring at me like that?"


The 50 Word Fiction Friday theme this week is: hearts

My first thought was to write something of a 'vampire hunter' nature, only a semi comical one, but when I got to the actual 'writing' part of the writing process the muse took over and the topic sort of... uh... shifted slightly. :)

This was in no way inspired by actual events. I have no complaints in the toilet seat department - the HB lifts it before he tinkles and I lower it before I tinkle. It's a system that works well for us both.

And the dirty sock thing isn't bad, because for every dirty sock of his that's not in its rightful dirty sock place I probably have something that's not where its supposed to be. Truth be told, I'm more of a slob than he is, though I'm less of one after living with him for so long. He's rubbed off on me because he likes things to be so neat and clean. (And I've had the reverse effect on him, making him more slobbish than normal. Oops.) When he was little he had to clean the house every day, so that's what he's used to. I think he even had to vacuum every day! That's just crazy! (Says the girl who grew up in a family that only vacuumed the day before a holiday when family was coming over... or when something really messy got on the carpet.)

Though if I were ever to even think about stabbing the HB, it would be for his annoying habit of using the space between the wall and the couch as his very own q-tip disposal area. Gross! It's a mystery to me, for as clean as he likes the apartment to be he still leaves used q-tips lying around. And those used q-tips more often than not find their way to the nook behind our couch.

The saying 'out of sight, out of mind' applies to many things, including dirt, items stuffed in closets (a.k.a. crap you should probably throw away but can't bring yourself to do it yet), and used q-tips.

I must add, for fairness's sake, that he has gotten a lot better at it. That is to say, I've noticed it a lot less, so he's either breaking away from the habit or he's getting better at hiding it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment