Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."

Weirdest thing happened today. I got not one but two compliments on my shirt. I can't remember the last time I got a compliment about something I was wearing.

The first compliment was from Dragon Lady (who I guess I shouldn't really refer to her as Dragon Lady since she's being nice.) She said the color was very flattering. Then later, during my coffee/lunch break, Zack said I looked very cute today, and Sal chimed in with a 'yeah I was just thinking the same thing.' They said the color of my shirt - which is a sort of bright, pale turquoise - looks good on me.

Huh? Wha...? Really?

It's not weird that someone would compliment me (at least not totally weird), but two in one day? About the same thing?

Dude.

First, I was all giddy and fluttery with the comments. And tried to casually brush it off as nothing out of the ordinary. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know. Ha Ha." Then, once I started to float down from the complimentary high, I realized something:

I've worn this shirt before.

Several times before, in fact.

So why is today different? Why didn't anybody notice my flattering shirt and my abundant cuteness while wearing it until now? Well, I guess its possible they did notice, and just didn't get around to vocalizing any actual compliment. So why two compliments on the same day? Am I just suddenly so incredibly cute today that I'm glowing? Glowing so brightly that people are unfathomably compelled to praise me on my choice of shirts?

I don't feel cute. All I feel is headachy. Bleagh.

Oh I know! Maybe the headache is causing my head to glow, and the light I'm therefore bathed in is a flattering one. And maybe I've washed the shirt just the right number of times so that its no longer a blinding, awful mixture of green and blue (not that it ever was, mind you), but a beautifully soft color that brings out my normally dormant cuteness genes and...

Or maybe I'm just hallucinating. Because I've gotten compliments while wearing red - a normal color. But this blue-y, green-y, pastel-y turquoise-y color that has no clear name? It's not your typical color. Heh, kind of like me. Not your typical color. So uh... maybe that means we compliment each other, and uh... that's why we're getting compliments from others, and uh...

I don't think I'm making sense any more. My head hurts. Think I'll go eat a plum.

* title of post is from The Family Guy, in honor of the imminent exploding of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment