Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Uh oh...

One of the VP's of the company that owns the company that I work for is in town today. In fact, he just walked in the building. Everybody on your marks... get set... freak out!

Ahhhh freak out! Le Freak. C'est chic...

So yeah, better hide the Dilbert cartoons. I used to have one taped up on my little ledge that sort of slammed the stupid nature of bosses. My boss read it one day, and laughed, and I'm not sure if it was a 'sure love that Dilbert' kind of chuckle, or a 'so she thinks I'm stupid, eh?' kind of chuckle. Either way, the next day I replaced it with a another Dilbert strip, one of the 'sure do get paid lousy around here' variety. Better, no? (The old one is pushpinned up on the wall behind my computer in a spot only visible to me when I'm sitting in my chair, and not visible to 'just wandering by' bosses.)

I have a few other Dilbert strips I've saved that I keep meaning to decorate my cubicle castle with. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm tempted to decorate right now, but I should probably wait until Mr. VP Guy Head Cheesy Honcho has left the building. Yeah, probably.

My favorite comic strip decoration? It's a Peanuts strip where in the first box Linus asks Lucy if she's ever known anyone who was happy. In the second box Snoopy comes skipping along, and in the third he kisses Lucy. *SMAK* In the last box, Linus adds, "And was in his right mind, I mean..." Heh heh. This one always makes me smile. :)

Okay, time to go think of something intelligent to say in case Mr. VP Guy asks me a question. I didn't respond in any way flattering the last time we conversed.

Mr. VP Guy: And what do you do around here?

Verbally Constipated Me: I uhhhh... uhhhhh... ...

D'oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment