Thursday, June 30, 2005

Truths behind the Truths Part III: beehives and bald men and car's with their own theme songs, oh my!

Okay, let's see how many items I can cram into this post because I really do need to get back to work. While writing and reminiscing can be fun, its highly distracting, and I need to remember that I get paid to do crap work, not to write and reminisce. Sigh. Wouldn't that be the life? Anyways, I'd better go remind myself of that thing I need to remind myself about... right after this brief interlude of course...

I'm doing these all out of order, I know. Oh well.


7. I competed in a talent show in elementary school. A friend and I lip synched to Stop In The Name Of Love.

I was in the second grade. The friend's mom was my babysitter, so we had a lot of time to practice our choreography, which we came up with it all by ourselves thank you very much. This fact was probably painfully evident when we did the universal 'stop' hand signal when Dianna yells 'Stop!' and tapped our temples when Dianna says to 'think it oh-woah-ver'. That, I'm afraid, is the highlight of our 'dance' moves.

But we had actual beehive hairdos! And my babysitter was into making clothes, so she made us really rocking 'And The Supremes' dresses! And we wore makeup! And plastic bead necklaces tied in a knot!

And we still lost. Stupid sucky judges.


9. I used to spend the class period thinking dirty little thoughts about my summer school government teacher. He was hot, in a political dork kind of way.

Okay, here's the thing: I was a teenager. And I had a highly productive, active imagination (though, truthfully, with a lack of experience to work off of, but that never stopped me). And he was cute in a geeky, glass wearing, completely shaved head kind of way. What can I say, I have a thing for bald men. Not all bald men, mind you. But some bald men? Rowr! Sexy! I wouldn't call my summer school teacher sexy by any means. But cute. Definitely cute. Even when he talked about confronting the lady in Taco Bell who was sadly misinformed about some aspect of our government and he felt compelled to pull out his pocket sized copy of the bill of rights/constitution that he always carried in his back pocket in case of emergencies and set her straight.

Hey, stop looking at me that way. Sheesh. Didn't you read the part about me being a teenager at the time? I wasn't in my right mind, okay?

Not that I don't find bald men sexy any more. I still do. Sometimes. Patrick Stewart? ROWR!


10. My first car was a dodge lancer. Envy me now!

Boy was that a piece of shit car. Favorite song to play while driving in the car? Adam Sandler's ode to his piece of shit car. The air conditioner never worked for too long (causing me to affectionately refer to it as my easy bake oven) and the paint job was rusting away in splotches. Spiffy!

It wasn't all bad, since it did manage to get me from Point A to Point B without ever breaking down. But at least the interior wasn't smurf blue like my current car. It was entirely magenta!

I'm just glad I didn't feel the need to impress people with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment