Monday, March 21, 2005

Another classic 'Dear Diary' moment.

Just got back from having lunch across the street with Former Desk Neighbor Sal. We went to Farmer Boys, home of the 'World's Greatest Hamburgers'. Don't know that they're 'world's greatest', but they're definitely yum.

On the way out I went up to the counter and asked for a refill on my soda.

Bleached Blonde Girl: Can I help you?

Me: Can I have a refill on my soda?

BBG: For a beautiful girl like you, sure.

Me: *wondering did she just say what I think she said*

This caught me by surprise. Indubitably so. I've never had a girl (and I do mean girl - she couldn't have been older than me and I'm only 25!) say that to me before. I've never had a guy say this to me either, for that matter. It's very strange. Strange strange strange. It's something a young waitress girl might say to an older woman, or man, if she was kissing ass in hopes of a tip. But not something a young girl/woman would say to another young girl/woman. Unless...

Unless she was hitting on me.

Oh. My. Gawd!

I relayed what Blondie had said to me to Sal once we were safely outside. I broached the 'was that a pick up line?' question to him and he pondered it for a second. Then he said, "I don't know, I've never had a lesbian experience before." That's one of the reasons I like Sal. He makes me laugh.

So that's how my days been going so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment