Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Why is it blogger craps out right when I'm in the mood to post a zillion times a day?

I work for a company that's grouped along with its sister companies under a bigger company, which in turn is owned by a Mega Corporation, one of the largest on the planet I believe. So there are many Muckety Muck Higher Ups that could come to visit and inspire fear amongst our otherwise fearless leaders.

Some of those Mucks are here this week. Not to inspire fear per say - I think this is just a routine 'hey, how's things going? You're kind of in the red and its only March so what the fuck is going on and will it get better soon so I have something positive to tell my boss so he has something positive to tell the boss' kind of thing - but if fear is a helpful byproduct of the visit I'm sure the Mucks won't mind.

Maybe fear is the goal. I have no idea. I have no idea how Management types think and or what kind of guy the Head Muck is. He used to work here so other people know him, but I don't. He was before my time. I don't care to ever know him. I'm happy hiding in my almost vacant cubicle cul-de-sac and watching the action from the bleachers.

The action being the bosses that are running around on hyper mode this morning. Not in frantic panic mode - thank goodness because that's never a good sign. They're just in hyper mode. At the moment its fun to watch, and will continue to be until a boss needs to me look something up or run some sort of report. Then I'll get thrown into the mix. Bleagh. I think I did all my report running for this special occasion last week, so I'm probably free to work on all the other crap in my In Box. Yeah me!

Just to be on the safe side, I'd better time my bathroom break/coffee break/disappearing act to a tee.


Okay... since blogger is being a butt I didn't post this right away. I let it sit in the background while I did some stuff I get paid to do. And while I was being all worker bee-ish the Muckety Muck that's in town saw me and thought he'd introduce himself. Nice guy. Offered to shake my hand, asked me who I was and what I did around here. I don't think I said, 'duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh' but I'm not quite sure.

*sigh*

I so don't know how to sell myself. Or how to talk so I sound all important and shit. I told him what I did in less that five words and then stared and smiled and racked my brain for something else to say. Mr. Muck, being a Muck and therefore having excellent Talk Nicely To Inferiors speaking skills picked up the slack and made a comment about some the people here he used to know. I smiled more and said, 'yeah, blah blah blah. Its rough keeping those guys in line blah blah blah.' Trust me, the blah blah blah part wasn't all that bad. I actually sounded like someone who communicates with humans on a regular basis.

It's not a big deal, I didn't make a fool out of myself or anything. And I don't think a great big neon IDIOT sign popped up above my head... I just that I wish the witty comments spewed forth with ease instead of getting lost somewhere on the turnpike.

No comments:

Post a Comment