Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Caution: Evil Genius At Work

My former Desk Neighbor, Sal, just called me up on the phone.

Me: Yo (not my official office phone greeting, but I have caller ID and knew who was calling me)
Sal: It's ST.
Me: What? (it took me a second to realize he'd said his initials, which aren't really ST. I made those up because I've changed his name to protect the innocent - namely me)
Sal: It's ST. Do you feel like FB?
Me: *blinks*

He was talking in code (he's silly like that) but it was a code I wasn't given a decoder ring for. I asked him for clarification.

Me: huh?
Sal: Do you feel like FB?

I guess I was talking in code as well because he didn't elaborate. I tried to figure out what FB meant. What could FB possibly stand for?

My Brain: FB... FB... FB... ... ... Fat Bunnies?

That's right folks. Fat Bunnies. That's what this evil genius mind of my mine came up with. Go on. Admire the geniusness all you want.

My Brain: Fat Bunnies??????

As soon as I thought 'fat bunnies' - and thought about how stupid brilliant it was - another possibility came to mind. The right one this time.

Me: Oh! Farmer Boys! (the restaurant right across the street)
Sal: Yeah. Farmer Boys. What did you think I meant?
Me: Er... So you want to go over there now?

If only I could harness this awesome brain power for good, namely to make gobs of money without working too hard.

1 comment:

  1. that's because i'm innocent and pure and the only thing dirty in my head are images of big fuzzy bunnies playing in the mud.

    *adjusts halo*

    ReplyDelete