Thursday, March 17, 2005

My new diet is called Don't Go To Work On Potluck Day

Have I mentioned that I like working upstairs?

I'd planned on bitching about moving up here on the blog, and might have a little bit. I think I've got a few half written posts saved on the computer here that I might finish someday and post. And while all the bitching might be justified, and still relevant later on down the line, I must concede that working upstairs does have its perks.

Such as the St. Patrick's Day Potluck that's going on right now. On the little ledge above my desk there's a big plate of chips and salsa (a very tradition Irish dish for sure) and a big plate of deviled eggs (within incredibly easy reaching distance of my chair). I'll try and draw a map of my desk later and post it so you get the full effect of the blatant use of my desk space (and because I really don't want to do any work today.) In front of my little cubicle wall is a table where all the other food is laid out. There's fried chicken, hot wings, potato salad, green cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, three different fried rice dishes (one Chinese, one Cuban, one... I'm not sure - guy who brought it isn't here to boast about it like the other two. I think its Indian flavored), cinnamon rolls, plus a few other things that were added after my first round of plate filling.

It might be my last plate filling. The salsa is kicking my butt at the moment.

*cough cough wheeeeeez*

I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy stuff.

Think I need some cheesecake to cool my mouth off. Yeah. Good plan. Better plan than eating the fried rice with the cilantro in it.

Oh, and there's soda. Lots of soda.

So I've got breakfast, lunch, and dessert covered. And probably won't be hungry for dinner.

Oh! Somebody just walked by the table and gasped. "Brownie pie!"

So there's brownie pie too. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment