Tuesday, January 06, 2004

add another mark to my side of the board

F brings in some left over chocolate cake this morning and leaves it on a table in our office. There's a piece left when Funny Man E comes in. The 'funny man' title is appropriate. He's a funny man. He's always cracking me up. E's always telling jokes, coming up with really lame one-liners, and is always ribbing (in a funny friendly way) on coworkers. His desk used to be next to my desk. And that was awesome because I'd be sure to laugh at least once a day. Then the Higher Ups moved him to an office across the hall. Something about putting all the supervisors with the supervisors and all the maintenance people with the maintenance people. Whatever! *mumble mumble organizing bastards mumble mumble*

So anyway, Funny Man E comes into this office and talks with C about something. While C looks up the something, E starts munching on the remaining piece of chocolate cake.

"This cake needs something," E says in a loud booming voice between bites (he's a bit deaf so he's almost always speaking in a loud booming voice). " You know what it needs? It needs more sugar. Or something to make it more sweet."

F says something like 'that's what the frosting is for' but E doesn't agree. "No. It's not helping. The cake needs more sugar."

Then E laughs at himself. "Look at me, coming in here and eating this cake without asking. Telling you what this cake needs." He's getting a kick out of that while he walks over to the little mini fridge.

I wait about two beats before I say, with full blown sassy attitude in my voice, "What that cake needs is for you to shuuuut uuuup."

Oh I had the guys nearly rolling on the floor with that remark! E busts up laughing, slapping a nearby desktop in glorious delight. F was laughing to, but not making such a spectacle of himself while doing so. C and P, the guy who now sits next to me, let out a synchronous "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!" P even marked his calendar with a red marker, calling it a 'red-letter' day. Seriously. I cracked them up. Point for me! Go me!

I'm far behind in the 'funny zingers' points here at work, especially with all the wannabe comedians around here. So it always gives me warm fuzzies when I can one-up the guys.

I know the above probably doesn't sound all that funny. I don't know how to write it any funnier. I guess its just one of those 'you had to be there' things. Had to know the people and the situation. But trust me. It killed!

E came back into the office a minute ago and boomingly says, "You know what this cake needs?"

Since he was waiting for it, I had to answer. "For you to shut up!"

E chuckled and went about his work.

Heh heh heh. I so funny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment