Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I'd like an order of Super Sauce please

I want to get my own web domain. My own little personal web space that is my very own. I would love it and hug it and squeeze it and call it George. Then I could get my own fancy shmancy web address that people would want to link to just because it is that cool. And I would put all kinds of things on my website. Super cool things. Of course I'd make an exception for this blog and include it too. And I'd be able to upload pictures easier and post them on my blog to share them with the loony blog-viewing public. And I'd be able to upload and offer up songs for the faithful readers as well. And it would be awesome.

I've wanted my own domain for a while now. I'll probably be wanting one for a bit longer. Several bits even. Because what if I suddenly get really really really busy and stop playing on the internet one day? I will have wasted all that money buying myself my little 'net acre. What if I suddenly loose all my money and can't shell out the money to renew my web contracts? Then I won't be able to bring joy to the masses via internet, and the people will be so disappointed. I couldn't do that to my peeps, just leaving 'em cold like that, could I? Though, to be honest, the real reason I haven't done it yet is because I'm a procrastinator and haven't had time to research things. But maybe one day I will. And the people will rejoice! At least the voices in my head will. And its always a good thing to please the voices.


What made me think for the zillionth time 'gee I wish I had my own non-blogspot site' was Super Chicken. The Super Chicken theme song actually. Super Chicken was before my time, so I don't remember the cartoon very much, but it wasn't before Paul's time. Paul, the guy whose desk is right next to mine, looooves Super Chicken. He started to play the Super Chicken theme song on his computer for me today as soon as I stepped into the office. It's like a miracle cure for grumpiness - it's just that cute. Not that I was grumpy when I walked in this morning, but it was 6 am and I was at work. Those aren't the greatest conditions for smiles and cartwheels and spontaneous releases of joy. But just one hit of the Super Chicken theme song and I was smiling like a fool.

Paul gave me a disk with the song on it - Woo! - and I thought to myself, 'wow, I wish I could upload this song to my blog and let everyone here it.' Then I realized I didn't have a database to do that. Darn it.

But then my super genius brain decided to see if I could find it on the 'net. And I did. So, if you want to listen to the Super Chicken theme song (and I highly recommend it) click here. More sounds, and sound formats, can be found here. Paul and I also love the Super Chicken Charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment