Thursday, January 08, 2004

tingles and smelly fingers

I've been battling a tingle teaser for the last few hours now. (And before your dirty mind goes there, nooooo I'm not talking about that kind of tingle teaser.) I'm talking about sneezing. Or lack there of actually.

I love sneezing. I think I've mentioned that before but I love it so much I'm going to mention it again. And again. I LOVE SNEEZING!

But what I hate is when the sneeze tingle that signals an impending sneeze doesn't lead to anything. There's all this foreplay with the tingling and the involuntary face scrunching and then nothing. There's no sneeze. Just a sense of loss. A 'what the hell was that tingling for?!' anti-euphoria.

My nose tingles... then nothing. My nose tingles again... then nothing. It's damn annoying. I've felt like I'm about to sneeze for the last hour or so with no results. It's so anticlimactic it's driving me crazy! Damn tingle tease!

I must have too many cold germs lingering about. Most of the cold is gone, but the Elvis Snot has not yet left the building. It's lingering, that hunk a hunk a blobby phlegm.

So I ate an orange. I really hate the thought of pumping more medicine in me for just a bit of rebel phlegm. Eating an orange is much more enjoyable. Maybe not as effective, but oh well, it can't hurt. So I ate an orange. For the vitamin c. And so I could stink up the whole office with orange smell. Mwhahahahahaaaa!

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Where does the vitamin c hang out? In the peel? In the pulp-y stuff? In the juice that squirts out in weird angles, going up your nose, hitting you in the eye, or spelling out 'I wet myself' all over your shirt?

Just wondering. Because part of the peel is now under my fingernails. And part of the juice squirted all over my hand and finger. Have I wasted some precious vitamin c on my finger? Because my finger smells like an orange - I can smell it even as I type. If I sniff my finger will I be able to recoup the vitamin c? Will my coworkers understand why I'm sniffing my finger?

"I need the vitamin c dudes!"

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Orangy.

No comments:

Post a Comment