Monday, January 26, 2004

Pssst...

I think I messed up The Boss's power point presentation. Don't tell him though. It's a secwet.

It's not really his presentation; it's his boss's. Mr. BigBossMan said 'Here. Do this.' Then Mr. BigBossMan said 'I have to have it done by 1.' I like how he threw that 'I have to' bit in there. Way to keep the morale-o-meter rocketing off the charts there pal-y.

You know... I might not have messed it up. Just because it jammed up while I was working on it (I was only trying to help! - It's not my fault it didn't like a certain file being opened and then copied over to it!) and just because no one can open the file anymore, that doesn't mean I messed it up. I didn't corrupt the file to the point of non-openness. At least not on purpose. No no nonono! My stance is firm. I know nothing. I did nothing. I did not have corruptive relations with that file.

Hopefully my boss doesn't put two and two together, because then he'd have 22 and what the hell is that going to do for him? Not much. And hopefully he doesn't start thinking down the thought path that starts off on Shewasthelastonetohavethefileopen Road with a detour down Sothatmustmeanshefuckeditallup Street.

It's not like he's spent hours slaving over the damn thing already. It's only been about an hour. That's hour. Singular. Not plural.

Unless this is the project he started yesterday.

Crap.

If anyone needs me I'll be busy looking busy and capable and efficient and free of file corruption tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment