Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Hey look! It's little Mz Listy McListerson

I was sitting here at my desk, complaining about this cold I still have, aka The Snot That Would Not Go Away, when I checked out jodi's blog. She was talking about her grandfather who's in very bad condition. It made me think about my grandpa - who's not doing so well himself - so I started to feel pretty bummed out. Then I read the rest of Jodi's post where she listed 50 things she is grateful for. And it made me smile. Since I was no longer conflicted with a case of the bummers I thought I'd think some happy thoughts and write one up myself. So in no particular order, here are 50 random things that I am grateful for:

1. my good health - Yeah, I have a stubborn cold, but I'm not in a hospital or on twenty different pills or fighting for my life. So it's ALL good.
2. the HB - who called me earlier today to see how I was doing & volunteered to make a medicine run for me w/o any dropped hints.
3. my family - every loveable crazy single one of them
4. Mc Donald's happy meals
5. Norma - my reliable granny 'good lord did a smurf exploded in here?' car
6. television
7. medicine
8. being able to afford a decent apartment in a decent neighborhood
9. my friends
10. my job
11. police officers
12. firefighters
13. garbage collectors
14. public restroom toilet scrubbers
15. a working air conditioner in my car
16. the internet
17. my computer
18. music
19. snoopy
20. deodorant
21. art
22. the shoes on my feet
23. the clothes on my back
24. the hair in my nose - hey it makes my nose healthy!
25. foozles
26. fun and friendly coworkers
27. coffee breaks
28. french fries
29. laughter
30. the ability to read
31. the ability to love
32. the ability to laugh and drink liquids at the same time without snorting the liquid all over the place
33. the ability to fart silently
34. the ability to make others smile
35. my email buddies
36. the world of pff
37. paved roads
38. people who flip on their turn signal more than 2 seconds before they turn
39. my memories
40. the warm fuzzy tingly sensations I get when I do somersaults
41. 24-hour fast food drive-thrus
42. airplanes - too many relatives live too far away
43. all my fingers and my toes - even the ones that trip me up on occasion
44. cell phones - they're a real godsend when you lock your keys in the car
45. the desire to create things
46. Buster the gimpy dog
47. Title IX and the people who thought it'd be great to have a girl's water polo team at my high school
48. seatbelts
49. knock-knock jokes
50. happy face stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment