Friday, January 30, 2004

fifty word fiction

Advice

When I was growing up, Grandpa would always say to me, "Jason, never bring a one eyed hamster to a gopher fight." My reply was always, "Grandpa, my name isn't Jason." I thought Grandpa was crazy until I got into the underground rodent fighting scene. Thanks for the advice Grandpa!


I'd like to dedicate this short piece of fiction to Spike, my dearly departed one-eyed hamster. He was one bad ass mo-fo.

This is my first submission to fifty word fiction. *crosses fingers in hope that the site is still taking submissions* It was fun to write, and a bit challenging to get it exactly fifty words. Hopefully I get inspired again with an idea I can condense into fifty words. :) Until then though... I think might work on an old hamster story I'd started a long time ago... about a certain hamster detective named Spike... hmmm... *can feel creative hamster wheel in brain start to spin*

No comments:

Post a Comment