Thursday, January 15, 2004

is that a snowball in your pocket or are you just so happy to see me you peed yourself

I heard on the radio this morning that it's pretty cold back east. Pretty really really cold. Turns out there's a winter storm pummeling the East and Midwest. I was curious, so I thought I'd check out some weather temps (which I did at yahoo.com. in case you were curious yourselves). Examples:

Boston: low -8, high 6
New York: low 2, high 14

Damn that's cold! And here I'm bitching because my fingers are numby cold in my Igloo Office. :)

I'm assuming its damn cold, but I don't really know how cold 2 degrees actually is because most of my memories begin with me living in central California, a place where school children rarely get the pleasure of school's closing for Snow Days. Which sucks! I had to travel up to the mountains to find snow! Which my family rarely did so I don't have much experience with being in so-cold-its-snowing weather. Where I grew up, snow was never kindly dropped off on my doorstep. Okay, it was. Twice. But that's it!

It snowed once when I was in grade school. It snowed enough for me and my brother to make snowmen in the backyard. It was dirty slushy snow, but it was snow nonetheless. And it was awesome.

It snowed once again when I was in college. The freaky snow had perfect timing too because I'd just gotten back from a trip and really didn't feel like going to school the next day. Classes were cancelled of course. Snowball fights were had. Of course. Me and my friends saved our other friend, 'Mr. President', from Assassination By Snowball from the big bad basketball team (who, trust me, you don't want to call bitches or get in snowball fights with. I didn't cause the snowball fight though. Honest. Okay, so I did call one of them a bitch. But he deserved it. He hit me in the back of my head with a Mondo Packed Snowball. The snowball fight started, not to defend my honor, but because all my friends (all boys) were feeling manly with their newly acquired balls (snow balls that is). That's what caused the 'snow war'.).

Anywhoo... A good and jolly time was had by most everyone. Until, that is, I found out I still had to go to practice. What a spoilsport that coach was. Sure, it was a fun and easy practice, but still, who wants to go to water polo practice (in an outdoor pool) when there's snow to be played with??? Not I says the cat.

Well, speaking of snow and my brother (which I was a couple paragraphs ago before I got sidetracked with myself), my brother lives near Detroit so I checked its weather stats.

Detroit: low 3, high 15

More coldness. Thankfully I live where the temperature today will be: low 44, high 70. That's right. While others are freezing their bits and pieces off over there on the east side, I'll be here in southern California, lounging around my apartment tonight, in shorts, with the windows wide open to let in that nice cool breeze. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment