Tuesday, April 13, 2004



1. Is there a game show (past or present) you think you would do really well on, as a contestant?

My mom and I had a conversation once about how we'd kick ass on the game show Hollywood Showdown (don't think it's on any more. Bummer, that.) I think I'd do really well on that show because I know lots of useless Hollywood trivia. Well, enough that I knew almost all the answers to the questions asked on that show. Except the really hard ones in the final round - I didn't know as much of those. If I went on that show I'd know almost all of the answers, but I don't know if I'd be fast enough on the buzzer. The buzzer would be my downfall. So on second thought, I don't know if I'd do really well on that show...

But on Card Sharks, I'd totally kick ass. No buzzers to buzz in with! I'm good at guessing the percentages on that show, even though the survey questions were asked during the late 70's/early 80's. And I'd know when to hold 'em. Know when to freeze 'em. Know when to go all the way. That other contestant would be bowing to my mad Card Shark-ing skills in no time.

2. Is there a game show you think is the stupidest thing you've ever seen?

Friend or Foe. You go on that show and pick a partner. Someone you haven't met before. Then the two of you play a little game. First, you try and convince the other person that you're going to pick 'friend'. "Come on dude. You can trust me. Let's both walk away with the money." Then you try and size up their trustworthiness in a matter of seconds. After that, you secretly pick between 'friend' and 'foe' while the other guy secretly makes his picks. All electronically of course. Then there's the big reveal. If you both pick 'friend' you both walk away with the money. Yipee for you both. If one of you picks 'friend' and the other one picks 'foe' the bastard who picks 'foe' gets ALL OF THE MONEY and screws the nice, trustworthy guy who picked 'friend'. If both of you want to try and screw the other guy and both of you pick 'foe', you both walk away with nothing.

And that is the whole damn show. It's incredibly stupid. Though it is kind of fun to try and guess which option the contestants will choose. "Look at her! She's too shifty. She's not sincere. She's going foe. Can't you see that man! She's going foe! Don't pick friend!" Then a minute later you see the guy looking either pissed off or shocked. Or both. And the girl is all happy that she's getting money for doing absolutely nothing except pick the contest she could trick into picking friend.

I should go on that show. I look sweet and innocent enough. You'd look at me and think 'of course she'll go friend!' And I'd be looking at you, all angelic like, but in my head I'd be thinking 'do it. that would be your downfall my friend. Because I'm gonna foe your ass!'

3. Is there a game show you watch, but don't like to admit to watching? (A guilty pleasure!)

Not really. I'd admit to watching anything. (Even Friend or Foe.) There's no room for shame in my tv viewing!
(Which in itself I guess is pretty shameful. Heh.)

~Bonus~ Who is your favorite game show host? Who is your least favorite?

I really enjoyed Greg Fitzsimmons on that short-lived MTV game show, Idiot Savants. And I really enjoy Clive Anderson (original What's My Line?). He'd kick Drew Carey's ass in game show hosting any day. And I enjoy watching Bert Convey (TattleTales), Gene Rayburn (Match Game) and Chuck Woolery (Lingo) and Summer Sanders (Figure it Out). It'd be hard to pick a favorite of those.

The 'least' favorite is easy. I can't stand Mark L. Walberg (Russian Roulette.) He bugs me. I don't know what it is, but there's something about the way he delivers his lines or the way he tries to be funny or... I don't know. He's just buggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment