Tuesday, April 27, 2004



Week 7 - Stop me if you've heard this one...

1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time?

Robin Williams. I've seen him perform his stand-up in person and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen/heard. I haven't laughed so hard at anything before or since then.

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!)

Well, picking from the top of the 100 Greatest Standups of all Time list, I'd pick Chris Rock. I just don't find him all that funny. And he ranked #5? Bleah. I really never found Sam Kinison funny either and he's ranked at #20. Bleah squared.

Oh! I just thought of another one! I'd tried to forget about him, but he's still in my head, telling horribly unfunny jokes. Dat Phan, so called 'winner' of the Last Comic Standing. I thought he was the unfunniest one of the bunch. And he ends up winning. Stupid voters. Bleah to the ninth power!!!!!!

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up?

Uh... lots have. Any comedian that turned their act into a successful tv show has gone on to have a great career. Or at least bigger career than they had before.

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?

I might, depending on the circumstances. Like, if I were drunk enough. Or egged on enough by a couple of 'kind' friends. Stuff like that. :) If I did get up I wouldn't take it seriously, because if I tried to be funny on purpose I'd fail miserably and be horribly mortified. 1) because I'm a horrible joke teller. People only laugh at my jokes because they're laughing at how horrible the delivery was and 2) I get tongue tied when I try and speak in front of people. No matter if its 30 people or just 3 people. It's damn annoying let me tell you. My brain works so super fast, because it's a mega super genius brain, and my mouth has trouble keeping up.

But despite the bad-joke-telling-gene and the tongue-tied-mush-talk I could easily be persuaded to go up on stage and make a fool out of myself. Sounds like fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment