Wednesday, April 14, 2004

i wouldn't want to live in the fast lane. i'm sure some cop would give me ticket for blocking traffic. which would suck!

I was hard at "work" when I noticed I'd been singing a song in my head for the last minutes or so. Well, just the chorus part (sung by KC and JoJo) really. I don't know the words to the rap part (by 2pac.) How long it was stuck on replay before it came to my attention, I have no idea. It's strange, because I haven't heard this song in ages...

how do you want it
how do you feel
comin' up as a nigga in the cash game
livin' in the fast lane
i'm for real


Someone in the office here must have ask someone else 'how do you want it?' and while most of my brain ignored these words, a small part of my brain registered them. And a little light started to flash. "Song lyrics!" the flashing said. "That's a song lyric!" Then the jukebox part of my brain took over from there and played the corresponding song for me. Over and over again. Driving me nutters.

The least it could do is play a song in my head that I know most of the lyrics to. I hate getting a song stuck in my head where I only know one or two of the lines. I guess I should be thankful that I at least know the whole chorus of this song. I'd be major nutters if all I was stuck humming the words I didn't know. 'hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm I'm for real'

Mission of the Moment: to find another song for my brain dj to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment