Friday, May 27, 2005

50 Word Fiction Friday

The Promise
Just one more. That's all. Just one. What could it hurt? Just one more, I promise, then I'll stop. I can stop, you know. And I will stop. Right after this last one. I'll take just one more internet personality quiz and then I'll get back to work. Scout's honor!



What's this? A second 50 Word Fiction story? Why yes, yes it is! No, please, really, no need to thank me.

Imaginary ego?


The Craving
She wanted it. She needed it. To feel the warmth, the caress, deep inside her. There was no better way to wake up in the morning. So if she didn't get her venti mochaccino soon she was going to rip that freakishly chipper smile right off the Starbucks worker's face.


The Theme: this week it's addiction.

The Inspiration: well, these aren't personal addictions or anything. I just, uh... enjoy these things. A lot. So I can understand how they may be addictive to some people. But I don't have a problem. I don't. Honest. And nay, this lady doth not protesteth too mucheth.

Now French fries, that's a true addiction. And god bless Coworker Zack, he just brought me the almost-full bag of french fries from his Farmer Boys lunch. They are a bit cold, but still... they're french fries!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment