Thursday, May 19, 2005

Inevitability (maybe)

Well, it looks like I'm going to try and ditch the last hour or so of work just to go watch the latest Star Wars movie. I didn't want to, but the HB is practically peeing his pants in anticipation. And the earlier we go, the sooner the HB can come back and take a quick nap before heading in to work tonight (for some reason he's really wired and hasn't gone to sleep yet today.) Plus, I really don't want to spend more than matinee prices on this movie.

I'm not looking forward to it. All the fears and suspicions I had that episode III would be as painful as episode II were confirmed by saw-it-at-midnight callers to my favorite morning radio program. All the things I found painful about the last movie are still going strong in this latest installment.

Bummer.

So I'll be going into the theater with the expectation that I'll want to poke my eyes and ears out afterwards, but I'll also be going in with the hope that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Maybe those hardcore gotta-see-it-at-midnight fans didn't know what they were talking about. They did rave about some things. I just hope that those 'some things' make up for the rest of the movie.

See, this is me building myself up to be disappointed, so that in the case that it doesn't suck too majorly, I'll kind of like it. If I go in expecting anything, and there's nothing there, I'll be as bummed and in need of a good eye scrub as I was after episode II. Boy did that movie suck.

And yet here I am, willing to get out of work early to see the Revenge of the Sith, like I'm some kind of glutton for punishment.

Hmmm... to ditch or not to ditch? That is the question...

My immediate boss isn't here so I asked his boss, who used to be my immediate boss before the immediate boss came into the picture, if I could leave an hour early, all while using a much better excuse than 'I wanna go watch me a movie'. I mean, I don't want to just take off without telling anyone. That would be wrong. More wrong than lying to the boss to cover up the real reason for leaving early. Well, the boss's boss looked at me strangely, like 'why the hell are you asking me' strangely. Er... okay. Maybe I shouldn't leave. Or maybe next time I'll just disappear and say 'oh, well I told the stapler I was leaving. I thought that would be good enough.'

Whatever dudes.

... I hope I don't get some work demerit for leaving early. I think I got some sick days left, that should cover it. I think.

Maybe I should call The Boyfriend and make sure he's still awake. I don't want to leave early and rush to the theater if he's all nappy nappy.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll call to stall as I figure out what to do.

Sheesh. I can be so indecisive sometimes. :)

1 comment:

  1. definitely save your special powers for something worthy.

    i'm really dreading watching the love scenes between those two. why oh why didn't george get someone to help him with dialogue?

    ReplyDelete