Monday, May 23, 2005

The Good, The Bad, The Oh My God This Could Get So Much Worse!

A.K.A. 'A Recap of My Lame Ass Weekend.'

FRIDAY (The weekend officially started, for me at least, when I left work on Friday.)

The Bad: I had not one but two flat tires.

The Good: America's Tire Co. didn't charge me a dime for the fix! Woohoo!

The Potential For Future Bigger Bad: This is a recurring problem that will probably lead to me having to buy all new wheel well thingies. Hurts the accounting part of my brain just thinking about it.

SATURDAY

The Bad: my tivo is crapping out on me! I don't have to watch television all the time but its nice to know its there if I want it. And now its not. *sob* Stupid receiver thing keeps locking up, keeping me away from all the tv goodness. The tech guy said the only thing to do was to try a Delete Everything And Start From Scratch rebooting sort of thing. (Am I down with the technical mumbo jumbo shit or what?) If this doesn't work I'll have to buy a new tivo box. *accounting part of brain spazzes*

The Good: when I tried the tivo after the reboot it locked up on me again. So I unplugged it, walked away, and tried it again on Sunday. Seems to be working now, but I'm walking on egg shells, waiting for it to crap out for good in a big hiss of smoke. But it is currently working. So for the moment its all good in the tv 'hood. Plus, the tech guy said he'd hook me up with free showtime for my 'inconvenience.' Sweeeeeet.

The Potential For Future Bigger Bad: I still have a few season finales to watch. I could miss the others and it would suck, sure, but it wouldn't really be that big of a deal. But Lost? Ohmygoodygoodness I have to find out what happens!!!!! I'm crossing my fingers and chanting 'last until thursday mr. tivo, last until thursday'.

SUNDAY

The Bad: I was in the drive-thru at Burger King where the following conversation took place...

Voice of Burger King Drive-Thru Window Worker Coming Out of Speaker Box: Order when you're ready.
Me: Okay, I'd like a Whopper meal..
BK: I'm sorry, we're all out of Whoppers.
* pause *
Me: Are you serious?
BK: Yep.
Me: Okkkaaaaaay. Uhhhh..... how about a... double Whopper meal?
BK: We're all out of Whopper meat.

Can you believe it? The Home of the Whopper was all out of Whoppers!!! Color me Twilight Zoned.

The Good: I was forced to try a chicken sandwich and discovered it was quite tasty.

The Potential For Future Bigger Bad: The end of the world. The Home of the Whopper without its Whoppers? Its got to be a sign of the apocalypse or something.

"The Whopper's been evicted," the HB said as I drove up to the drive-thru window, highly amused at the Whopper's predicament. "You should blog about this."

Now how does he know I have nothing better to blog about? Phooey!

Actually, I do have something better to blog, but I want to make sure I give the questions Judy came up with the attention they deserve. So if they're not up today, they'll be up tomorrow. (Promise!)

They might have been up this weekend, but I am currently without internet at home (a travesty, I know) and while I was intuitive enough to print out a copy of the questions to take home with me I was forgetful enough to leave them at work. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment