Thursday, December 18, 2003

I went to the mall yesterday. Yes, I braved the scary Holiday Season Mall Scene. And I did it for you Dear Readers, so that I would have something interesting to write about. I also went because I needed to buy presents and things. So hey, a bird and two stones, or whatever, and all that shit.

So anywhoo.. I went to the mall looking for pressies and blog fodder but nothing interesting happened. What's up with that? All I ask for is a little holiday madness. Too much? Do I ask for too much? There were no cars with people with road raging parking lot warrior mentalities to deal with. And this is a pretty decent sized mall here I'm talking about, so you'd figure I'd run into a few. I guess they were all fighting for parking spots up on the other side of the mall.

The mall itself was packed, but not too packed, so there were no lines or pushing or shoving or 'I'm sorry I nearly knocked you over the railing and made you go splat on the first floor with my shopping bag but you see I'm carrying six bags in both hands and that makes me very wide and I haven't mastered proper Shopping Bad Depth Perception yet but I'll get the hang of it soon don't you worry so thanks for not beating me to a pulp.' (I was bumped into once, but that's because I was shopping in a store that is just slightly bigger than my tiny-ass apartment closet and just as stocked to the gills with cutsie novelty items. Well, in my closet's case, its stuffed with clothes and shoes and junk I don't know where else to store.)

There were no inept sales people to get frustrated at and complain about to everyone who will pretend to listen to you. Nothing exciting or funny happened, like I'd hoped, so there's nothing exciting or funny to report. Bummer that.

I went to several stores, bought several things and was in my car and pulling out of the parking lot in just over an hour. Woohoo!

That left me an hour or so to veg out before the HB and I made a trek to the movie theater. Saw Lord of the Rings: Return of the Kings. Great movie, but soooooooooo long. Way too long. Well, way too long since we were sitting down in our seats for a half hour before the movie started. Add to that the time it took to watch a million (okay, just a couple hundred) trailers at the beginning, then the three plus hours for the film itself. We were sitting in those unrelenting theater seats for over four hours! And boy did my ass hurt afterwards. At least we didn't get stuck sitting in a crappy area, like the very front rows where you have to turn your head ninety degrees just to see the other side of the screen. By the time we walked into the building (fifty minutes before show time) there was a line all the way down the east wing of eager fans, waiting for the cleaning crew to finish and the seats to be available for claiming. The HB and I stood at the end of the line, and soon it was curving around to trail back down the wing. I thought we were going to get stuck with sucky seats. But we didn't. Yay!

So besides the guy talking once or twice behind me (at least when me and the HB talk we whisper in each other's ears), and the guy in the front who clapped at a very rude time (a sad and very non-clapping part of the movie), and the HB hissing, 'kiss him! kiss him!' at a very sweet, touching, Hobbit moment, and my numb ass, it was a good night. :)

Though not exciting or funny, so probably not really interesting to read in a bloggy recap. Oh well. It's typed. I'm posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment