Friday, December 05, 2003

What's On ... Right Now?

What's On your 'favorite things to do' list Right Now?

Right now it's the Christmas holiday season. (I state the obvious for all you readers of the blog who've been visiting an alternate dimension where time has no meaning. Hi guys!) Fa la la la la la la la la. 'Tis the season to be jolly and merry and full of the Christmas spirit. Or in my Uncle Arnie's case, full of several spirits, namely Irish whiskey and Grandma's famous I Ain't Dead Yet But After A Night Of Drinking This I Sure As Hell Will Wish I Was eggnog. (Side note: I don't have an Uncle Arnie. Nor does grandma have a kind of eggnog.)

I love this holiday season (even though it annoys me how early it starts each year) so some of my favorite things to do 'right now' are influenced by the season.

In no particular order, besides the correct grammatical order for the spelling of Christmas (see below), here are a few of my favorite things...

Wait, before I get on to the list, let me just mention this little pet peeve of mine. I love the Sound of Music and I love Julie Andrews' amazing voice. I have the soundtrack on tape (purchased long before the wonders of CD) and love the 'these are a few of my favorite things' song. But why in the heck is this song played at Christmas time? It's not a Christmas song! Okay, the song mentions snowflakes and brown paper packages tied up with string, so its sort of Christmas related. But... but... whatever. I just can't help it. It bugs me when I hear this song played around Christmas time! Arrrrgggg!

Okay. I'm over it. Now, on with my Christmas flavored List of Favorite Things To Do...

C ount down the days until Dec. 25th. (this was especially fun when I was in elementary school and had a 2 week vacation to look forward to.)
H ang ornaments on the christmas tree. I'm an xmas tree arTIST.
R un around the shopping mall two days before xmas eve. (the HB and I did that one year. It wasn't bad. And you get to see everyone around you act crazy and frantic. Good stuff!)
I magine what it would be like to have an actual White Christmas here in southern california.
S noopy-fy the living room. (I set up all my xmas snoopy figurines on top of the entertainment center.)
T ake a drive around the neighborhood looking at everyone's twinkley lights.
M ake snowman and xmas tree shaped cookies and decorate them with frosting and sprinkles and other yummy stuff.
A ttempt to break my all time record of number of Scrooged viewings in Dec. (Last year I saw it on the tv 5 times! Woo!)
S ing my favorite carols at the top of my lungs, regardless of the strange stares I receive in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment