Sunday, December 14, 2003

It's almost my beddy-bye-time as another wonderful weekend draws to a close.

My aunt and uncle were visiting and threw a big early xmas party at my parent's house on saturday. I was the only cousin that showed up (big bummer) but a family showed up that I wasn't expecting to see so that was nice. I played bocce ball (a game at which I suddenly lost all skill at yesterday) with my dad and the HB, drank lots of wine, ate my aunt's yummy jambalaya, and got to hang out with and laugh with and create warm fuzzy memories with my family. It was a great Saturday.

The HB and I stayed the night, but since my aunt and uncle were staying at my parent's house as well they got the spare bed (what's up with old people getting all the good sleeping arrangements? hehehe) and we had to make due with the fold-out couch. Fold-out couch - more like fold-out ouch. But to make up for the less-than-comfortable sleeping apparatus my aunt made us a yummy egg and cheese and onion breakfast.

One good thing about leaving my parent's house after a visit is that I always seem to leave with more stuff than I showed up with. This time I left with a new candle (mango!) and cookies (shortbread!) and a bottle of wine (Hagafen!). Gee, thanks mom! :)

On the way back home we stopped off at the HB's parent's house and spent a couple hours hanging out with his sisters and his new little 6 month old (give or take a few months) nephew. That little boy is adorable! Even when it was spitting up stuff. :)

Just a few more days of work and toil then I get to drive up again and hang out with The Goil's! Woo! Lookin' forward to it.

Which reminds me... I'd better hurry up and buy the necessary gifts I have to show up with. D'oh! :)

Can't do anything about it now though, so I'll just watch some Farscape, and check my email before sleep claims me like an irrate passenger looking for his lost luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment