Monday, December 15, 2003

Progress Report

Number of pressies bought today: er... 0
Number of donuts bought today: lots.
Goals achieved: well, if you count the gallon of milk I bought today as a goal towards thirst quenching... then, well, 1 :)


I was going to go out shopping today. Truly I was. I had it all planned out. I came home, ate a late lunch/early dinner, and vegged on the couch with the HB. (Yes, that was part of the plan.) He had plans to go play out and play with the boys so I thought, 'I'll hang out with him for a bit then go out when he goes out.'

Sound plan, right? Well, not so right. He didn't go out until it was really late. Guess I forgot to pick up that little tidbit of info when I was planning my shopping excursion.

I did go out tonight. But it was for a donut run.

Have you ever craved something so badly that in your mind you remember it being better than it actually is? You're sure you know just how it will taste, just how it will feel, just how it will cure that insatiable yearning you have deep down inside. Then when you actually enjoy the thing you've been craving it doesn't come anywhere near to living up to the expectations you had going into it. That sucks.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving down the street and saw a sign for a donut shop. Ever since then I've had this nagging desire to have a donut. The idea of 'man, I really want a donut' would pop into my head. And it would make me really want a donut. So, when out of the blue, the HB suggested that we go out and make a donut run I didn't have to think twice about it, even though it was really cold outside. How cold you say? It was colder than a baby penguin's butt. In case you don't know the temperatures of penguin bottoms let me just say that it is none too pleasant.

So as we make this donut run I've got visions of maple bars dancing in my head. That was partly to blame for what happened. You see, when we got there, I didn't want just one donut. I wanted to get two of my favorites. The HB wanted two as well. Then I thought, hey, I could get three, and have one for breakfast tomorrow morning. The HB adopted the same logic. So that was 6 donuts. Then I looked at the big poster they had up on the wall advertising the special price they had going on a dozen donuts. It was the same price as our six individual donuts. So we just had to get the dozen, you see? That was a highly logic choice. Donuts for breakfast for the whole week! For the price of six! Well, I should have just stuck with buying one and I would have been better off. And I would have had a couple more dollars in my wallet.

We made a stop to pick up some milk and hersey's chocolate syrup (for the chocolate milk) on the way home and had our snack all set up and ready to go. And you know what? That donut wasn't as good and as satisfying as I'd thought/hoped it would be. I'm so over them now, and there's still have the box left. I had one donut, and half of another one with the HB. Now I feel really donut-ed out. Don't know why, though I'm sure I'll be hungry for another one tomorrow. Maybe I'll take one to work with me for lunch. I'll need something to go with the Sees candy still locked up in my desk drawer. Bleh. I don't even want to think about sugar right now.

So anyway, the HB went out soon after the donut run. I thought about going out but its too cold out there. (Penguin butt cold mind you). And I just now warmed up and my fingers don't feel like they're going to fall off from being so cold. I've been cold all frickin day and I'm just now feeling warm. Oy to the vey. And I can always go out shopping tomorrow. Yeah. That's what I'll do. I'll go shopping tomorrow. Right after work so I don't get comfy and warm at home. :) Yep, I'm a big lazy procrastinator dodo head. But at least I'm a big warm lazy procrastinator dodo head.

No comments:

Post a Comment