Monday, March 08, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Yesterday was crazy. Crazy in the sense that I had to turn the air conditioner on in my apartment. The a/c! In march! Crazy crazy. I resisted of course. I made like a politician and deniiiied denied denied. But it was no use.

I had all the windows open and one over head fan going. And it was nice. I was sitting on the couch, reading, and thinking, 'Gee, this is really nice.' But then it got hotter. So I moved to the chair right next to the open screen door to my 'balcony'. And it got even hotter. So I moved to the chair directly under the fan. After a few minutes of stewing in my own sweat I said, 'Screw this!' and turned on the a/c. Darn it. I don't want it to start getting hot already! What the hell happened to spring? It's not supposed to get a/c-worthy hot! ::whiiiiiiiiiiiine::


At least this morning I had a wonderful view during my commute. For the last couple of months it's been completely dark as I head to work. The sun would start peaking out only about an hour after I got to work. And that time has been decreasing as the days have rolled by.

But today was the day when the sun caught up to me, and I was able to catch a glimpse of the sun's ascent into the sky as I drove into work. Behind me was dark sky. In front of me was a beautiful flow of colors, from a light, musty yellow to a soft cornflower blue. It was freaking breath taking. ::sigh:: I had to keep checking the clock on my dashboard to make sure I wasn't running an hour behind.

"Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment