Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Ten on Tuesday

In no real particular order (except the first one is by far the best vacation I've ever had)...

Ten All-Time Favorite Vacations

  1. Australia/New Zealand: 5th grade - got to visit with a bunch of relatives and see so many wonderful things. Was gone for whole of August. Too bad parents don't want to shell out money for me to go on another trip there. ::sigh:: the price of growing up and moving out on your own
  2. Berkeley, California: 6th grade - went to cousin's graduation ceremony at Cal, other cousins tried to teach my brother how to run and do jumping jacks without looking like a spaz (mission was unsuccessful. hehehe.), and we all went white water rafting down the American River. I think the scar from that adventure has finally faded. :)
  3. Big Sir (I think that's where we were)- camping up in the mountains/forest at a national park. The park ranger working there was very cute and made my little 9yr old self want to protect the environment at all costs! Recycle! Don't be a litter bug! Yay!
  4. Atlanta, Georgia: 10th grade - went for yet another cousin's wedding, hung out with yet two other cousins (most of my cousins are boys by the way) who wanted to do arcade stuff rather than do all the touristy things you can do in Atlanta. The video games and race cars was a blast.
  5. Pismo Beach: went on a great road trip with the HB and a friend, Rob. Relaxed. Had fun. Did beach things. And one or two hoodlum things.
  6. Pismo Beach: another road trip with the HB and Rob, with two others following in another car. My parents and brother were vacationing at Pismo, so we stopped to say hi and picked up my brother for a drive around Pismo and the surrounding towns as we looked for a hotel to stay at. Turns out the high schools and two nearby colleges were all having graduations that weekend. Needless to say every hotel and fleabag motel was booked. After a few hours of crazy follow-the-leader driving we gave up finding a place and parked next to my parents RV for the night.
  7. Seventh grade disneyland trip. Not really a 'vacation', but I'm counting it anyway. A group of six of us ran all over the place, trying to get to all the best rides before the lines got long. But the lines never got long for the special night opening. We rode Star Tours three times in a row, back to back, with no waiting in line. Yeah, I wouldn't really recommend that to anyone. Makes you dizzy sick dizzy. Fun stuff though. :)
  8. I have no idea where we were. Some old gold mining town/vacation spot. I think the name of the place starts with a C. Anyway, we mined for gold (several specks of gold were conveniently placed in my little pan of sand) and rode horses (first and only time on a horse... that I can remember) and the little restaurant in the little town had the BEST DAMN rootbeer floats in the whole wide world. They were soooo good, and they empowered me with the persuasive abilities to talk my mom into letting me consume four large rootbeer floats in one day. Mmmmmmmmmgood.
  9. Avila Beach campground: new year's eve, hanging out with my little bro as we watched the count down tv shows on a monster screen tv. And some annoying guy came into the room and asked my not-yet-in-junior-high-school brother if he wanted a 'tequila, margarita, or a girl named Sheila.' Very fun night.
  10. San Rafael: I rode up north with Zoink in her Knight Rider car to visit AJ and Yoda. :)

I didn't think I could come up with ten when I started writing this. Now I'm flooded with all kinds of vacation memories. There might be more favorable vacations in my mind. Like the trip to San Francisco with the HB for another one of my cousin's wedding. And a beach trip with a couple girlfriends. And the time I was in hawaii (which really wasn't a 'true' vacation). And...

No comments:

Post a Comment