Friday, August 01, 2003

Don’t you just hate it when you wake up in the morning and think its Saturday, but you’re not quite sure so you think about it really hard, then you realize its really Friday? (Or even *gasp* only Wednesday?!) I hate when that happens, and it happened to me this morning. When I realized that it was Friday and I was going to have to get out of bed in a matter of minutes, it totally bummed me out. My spirits were lifted, however, when someone brought a huge bag of bagels and tubs of cream cheese to work. I was in carbohydrated bliss! There’s still some left on the table behind me, and I can hear one of the bagels calling to me. “Yoohoo! You know you want to eat me for lunch. Eat me! Eat me! Eat me!” I think I just might, because who am I to deny such a demanding bagel? I wouldn’t want it to get violent with all the cream cheese covered plastic knives lying around.

To top of the jabbering bagels behind me there’s a huge window in front of me. My desk at work faces the wall furthest from the door. But it’s not just any wall; it’s a huge gigantic window! While I work (and I do work! honest!) I get to look out at the trees, and the mountains and the bright blue sky. (Well, today it’s half bright blue, half icky smog. Bleagh.) It’s nice to have such a scenic view... except for on days like today, where I soooo don’t want to be in here, and I soooo want to be out there. It’s sunny, there’s a light breeze playing through the leaves of the trees and IT’S FRIDAY!

Yummy bagels... beautful weather taunting me through the window... the fact that its Friday... How am I supposed to concentrate on work with all that going on? Hmm?

What a day for a daydream...
*

No comments:

Post a Comment